MANDER

535d DPF Regen DIS INPA couple codes

Hello

I've purchases a inpa dis complete software = cable

using INPA plugged it in had 7 errors

6 of the errors were for all the glowplugs had cleared code but came back

1 error was the fuel filter heater, had cleared code but came so decided to change fuel filter along with heater cost 200 quid from bmw changed myself.

Car runs perfect both thermostats have been changed temps around street via hidden menu 90 - 92    temps on motorway 90- 93

Felt like car hadnt regenerated the dpf in a while so started up DIS as i read online you can force a DPF REGEN , Found out passenger side wing indicator is out, anyway ..    When i clicked on DDE the 6 glowplugs errors came up cleared them came back again obv, i remember it saying something about performing a test on heater ecu it warms up glowplugs this test was done and failed obv plugs 123456

other menu i tried to force regen   last time since regen was 20000 meters ago     i then pressed

enable regen

request regen

then it said in menu dpf regen requested in DDE        thats it the revs didnt go up, went on hour drive without using cruise control still no rege, i thought if you force a regen using DIS it goes through a function test revs the car itself to 3k rpm to clear the shit out etc 

maybe i cannot force regen because of the glowplug errors?  or can regen be FORCED using dis with glowplug errors ?

Thanks

You need to change the glow plug controller, then all will be well,.

Try the DIS back pressure test to see its condition, that will determine the urgency.

During the DIS backpressure test it measures itself at idle, then ramps itself up to 2000rpm, then the next step it tells you to run the engine at cut off (that means bury the throttle into the carpet).

I've never had any success in trying to force a regen using DIS. Some say you need it plugged in whilst driving and keep trying to force it when you are up to speed.

backpressure02Sep13_zps5b50ae98.jpg

Edited by chr15gb

I was talking to Baus about forced regens the other day. I think he said once you request it you can disconnect the laptop and it should then do it when the parameters are met. I have never done one yet...

Hopefully he will pop along and confirm. I think this may be an issue again relating to whether the car will regen with errors and how many it will etc...

Horsey

You need to change the glow plug controller, then all will be well,.

Try the DIS back pressure test to see its condition, that will determine the urgency.

During the DIS backpressure test it measures itself at idle, then ramps itself up to 2000rpm, then the next step it tells you to run the engine at cut off (that means bury the throttle into the carpet).

I've never had any success in trying to force a regen using DIS. Some say you need it plugged in whilst driving and keep trying to force it when you are up to speed.

backpressure02Sep13_zps5b50ae98.jpg

Ohhh i'll give that a go,    how do i locate the back pressure test?

edit      just found this http://forum.bmw5.co.uk/topic/89141-dpf-back-pressure-sensor-test/

I was talking to Baus about forced regens the other day. I think he said once you request it you can disconnect the laptop and it should then do it when the parameters are met. I have never done one yet...

Hopefully he will pop along and confirm. I think this may be an issue again relating to whether the car will regen with errors and how many it will etc...

Horsey

I'm going to see what dis is saying today last time i had Requested regen but since last regen it was saying 20000 meters ago, so will see maybe if a regen happened Yesterday but i doubt it very much

Edited by MANDER

Horsey

confirmed (parameters being the temperature, mine has regenerated from a standing start and while the fuel light was on (these were on two separate occasions)

Welll Regeneration did happen, Found out using DIS distance since last regen, So even though ive got 6 glowplug errors in the DDE the DPF did regen.  Will taking the picstures i thought i'm enable regen again and heres a picture of my back pressure results

image3.jpg

image1_1.jpg

image2_1.jpg

Excellent. I'm glad to hear it's been regening. Mine wouldn't do it with glow plug DDE errors. I'm going to be having a software update soon so will see if that changes anything as there is one for the DDE, I think. Will let all know.

Horsey

I'm in the same situation. 535d have 6 glow plug errors, I changed the glow plug controller 5 months ago and codes went but now they back.

Will it regen or not? Stats are fine. I have checked using a c110 scanner and saw temp before cat go to 600c and stay there for a while, so assumed it had done a regen. Will check distance since last regen on dis as distance since last regen on c110 is not accurate

I'm in the same situation. 535d have 6 glow plug errors, I changed the glow plug controller 5 months ago and codes went but now they back.

Will it regen or not? Stats are fine. I have checked using a c110 scanner and saw temp before cat go to 600c and stay there for a while, so assumed it had done a regen. Will check distance since last regen on dis as distance since last regen on c110 is not accurate

It depends on the car, very variable mine wouldn't though. Have a quick skim read of this: http://forum.bmw5.co.uk/topic/109509-some-interesting-information-regarding-the-dpf-regen/

Horsey

Yes saw that. So how are you confirming if it has regened or not? By using the distance since last regen is dis? On my c110 scanner the distance since last regen is useless as it just a countdown timer that goes up to a certain no then starts counting back down. Not sure how accurate dos is but will give it a go

I know when mine regenerates because I can feel it when I'm driving especially around town. on a motorway I notice the car at 2.5k rpm instead of 1.7k.

I know when mine regenerates because I can feel it when I'm driving especially around town. on a motorway I notice the car at 2.5k rpm instead of 1.7k.

Around town does it rev higher as well?

Yes saw that. So how are you confirming if it has regened or not? By using the distance since last regen is dis? On my c110 scanner the distance since last regen is useless as it just a countdown timer that goes up to a certain no then starts counting back down. Not sure how accurate dos is but will give it a go

I know by the way the car drives and noise it is making. I do need to confirm it in DIS though soon to check some other data.

Horsey

Around town does it rev higher as well?

The car drives like it is in Sport mode, it revs right up to about 2.5k - 3k rpm before changing gear.

It makes trying to drive gently a chore, I feel like the guy next to me is thinking I am a chav trying to race.

In dis there is a back pressure test when I select it it says no avaliable tests. It's under functions - complete vehicle - dde electronics- particle filter