WickRatson

Rick's E28 V8 Build

Bloody Hell Rick talk about holding a bull by its horns!! Inverness to Shrewsbury and working in Oxford, The bull has grown some unfeasibly large testicles to drag around.

Good on you buddy, stick too it

I'm just as bad since my job title changed, my E30 is still in its later stages of completion and has been for 6 months, so much for a winter project, also i've done nothing to Red 5 and the 2.8 engine and box are still cocooned on the pallet when you sent them down.

10 hours ago, Captain Beaky said:

Bloody Hell Rick talk about holding a bull by its horns!! Inverness to Shrewsbury and working in Oxford, The bull has grown some unfeasibly large testicles to drag around.

Haha, its strange, ive spent my entire career wanting to move back to the amazing place i call home, only to meet a girl down south and end up moving back down!! Im still in complete denial about where i live. People say i live in the west midlands now, but its still south of the north!

As for the shrewsbury/oxford commute, i have digs at work and live there for 5 days. So after 5 days of being at home the misses is ready to kick me out. After 5 days alone she misses me again. Its a great way to keep it healthy! Haha. It gives me 4 full days of working on the bmw every 10 days, so i would effectively be going back to the same amount of average man hours i was doing in the evenings poir to all this moving bwallocks. 

Edited by WickRatson

Hey Rick,

Good to see you back on it.

Congratulations on successfully achieving a complicated life move.  I have an idea of what you have been through having re-located to Nova Scotia last summer.

Are you officially an ex-pat now then?

Regards from another ex-pat on the left side of the pond,

Mick

Good to hear from you ordnator, not quite an expat, ive jumped above and below the border to many times to be one or the other! Just an ex-pat northerner dipping my toes into the midlands <_< would love to hear about your move!! Drop me a message sometime when you have time!

anyway. Today was all about finally getting the brackets welded for the new and improved radiator that looks a little less subtle than the mishimoto one i bought, and now need to sell. Spent 4/5 hours grinding back welds of the box sections that i put into the chassis rail. I dont think its has and disadvantages as such, i maybe just wouldnt use the tow hitches for towing the car on the road anymore... ;)

Just a small top bracket needs fabing up now to hold it in place. Fabbing very small bits of metal i haaaaaate doing. 

nKYtQav.jpg

Edited by WickRatson