jag530isport

Wet Look Wax

Hi guys,

I have just brought a Carbon Black E39 and was wondering would anyone be able to recommend a decent wax which produces a wet look finish?

I was looking at this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTIMATE-WET-LOOK-BANNANA-CARNUBA-WAX-1L-PROFESSIONAL-USE-WINTER-SALE-/231517728190?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35e7882dbe

Thanks,

Jag

Carbon Black... Ouch! I only had to look at my Carbon Black M5 and a swirl mark appeared... :lol:

I had great results with Zymol Carbon & Dodo Juice Hard Candy which are both designed for darker colour cars.

Remember that it's preparation that is key to the finished result. Wash, Clay, Cleanse/Polish and then Wax. ;)

C.

Agree with cableguy - prep's the most important thing. My Cosmos Black's the same.

If you can't be bothered with correcting the paint you can apply a glaze which contains fillers (like AG SRP of Poor Boys Black Hole) before applying a wax/sealant over the top.

Carbon Black... Ouch! I only had to look at my Carbon Black M5 and a swirl mark appeared... :lol:

I had great results with Zymol Carbon & Dodo Juice Hard Candy which are both designed for darker colour cars.

Remember that it's preparation that is key to the finished result. Wash, Clay, Cleanse/Polish and then Wax. ;)

C.

Agree with cableguy - prep's the most important thing. My Cosmos Black's the same.

If you can't be bothered with correcting the paint you can apply a glaze which contains fillers (like AG SRP of Poor Boys Black Hole) before applying a wax/sealant over the top.

Thanks guys for the replies I will be claying first which pad would you use to apply the polish with a DA Polisher?

Prep prep prep.....

Depending on how swirly/hologram and scratchy the car is i would use filler glaze and a sealer...

50 cal filler glaze is awesome on dark cars...

Then use a wax to seal the glaze in... fav wax at the moment is ioncoat naviwax dark....Fav sealer is artdejohnson repel coat..

All cheap enough products..

Prep prep prep.....

Depending on how swirly/hologram and scratchy the car is i would use filler glaze and a sealer...

Then use a wax to seal the glaze in... fav wax at the moment is ioncoat naviwax dark....Fav sealer is artdejohnson repel coat..

Cheers mate will get these ordered will they leave me with a wet look?

Is it best to apply the products by hand or by using a DA Polisher?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes...

The glaze will give a you a deep wet finish....but it wont last unless sealed in with wax or sealer.

Poorboys black hole is good too...... For the same money the 50 cal beats it hands down though,things have moved on.. ;)

I dont really have any decent pics of the paint on my car close up..

But this one shows the kinda look you will get.....Albeit a different colour...lol...

50 cal can be put on by hand,but if you have a DA it works much better..

Z4M.....meet%201_zps5ncutrjd.jpg

Z4M.........meet..._zpsn1dkdn7l.jpg

Yes...

The glaze will give a you a deep wet finish....but it wont last unless sealed in with wax or sealer.

Poorboys black hole is good too...... For the same money the 50 cal beats it hands down though,things have moved on.. ;)

But this one shows the kinda look you will get.....Albeit a different colour...lol...

Loving the results mate will get some ordered this week

Dont forget to update with pics and stuff... :)

Will do just need the weather to give me a break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prep prep prep.....

I followed Alpinaman's instructions last weekend and the results were awesome and the products were cheap enough and easy to use ... Do it!!!

Alpinaman issue talking sense. Quite a subjective point but not much of the finish comes down to the wax/ sealamt you choose, most of it comes from the polishing and glazing. People over on detailing world call wax and sealant and LSP which stands for last stage/step protection meaning it protects the finish you've achieved.

I'm a firm believer in prep and polish but some waxes can give slightly different effects. Oily/ show based waxes look fantastic but only protect for a shorter period of time usually. Not always but sometimes.

Yes...

WANT!!!!!

Hi guys,

I have just brought a Carbon Black E39 and was wondering would anyone be able to recommend a decent wax which produces a wet look finish?

I was looking at this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTIMATE-WET-LOOK-BANNANA-CARNUBA-WAX-1L-PROFESSIONAL-USE-WINTER-SALE-/231517728190?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35e7882dbe

Thanks,

Jag

20130525_131600-2.jpg20130505_095331-1.jpg

When I had carbon black I used Poor boys Black Hole then R222 it makes black paint look like liquid.

Zymol is a good call ... but if you want something cheaper but still amazing for a really wet glossy look... pick up P222 wax it’s about £30 and is a brilliant wax for show finish, it’s also one of the easiest waxes to use, finish is 10/10 but it won’t last as long as the Zymol or even AG HD wax ... but looks stunning.