Neil Clark

"Latent heat store", explain please!!?

Keeps water warm in the heater matrix so when you start the car on a cold morning the blowers are warm straight away iirc

Says in manual...

"environmentally acceptable salt mixture when it changes from a liquid to a solid state"

Odd....

I think it's a bit more hi tech than a thermos flask but thats what it does.

The heat will be stored in that device for use at a later date.

I could start talking about specific latent heat for liquids, gases and solids heat transfer between and so on but I can't be arsed.

I could start talking about specific latent heat for liquids, gases and solids heat transfer between and so on but I can't be arsed.

Whew. Saved. :lol:

A quick google suggests that the "Latent Heat" module is an option that replaces the aux heater. It is a heat storage cell using a brine solution that "exchanges" heat with the coolant system. It is supposed to be able to retain heat for several days - enough to begin heating the car in less than 2 minutes - even in very cold weather. More prevalent on European cars apparently.

Whew. Saved. :lol:

A quick google suggests that the "Latent Heat" module is an option that replaces the aux heater. It is a heat storage cell using a brine solution that "exchanges" heat with the coolant system. It is supposed to be able to retain heat for several days - enough to begin heating the car in less than 2 minutes - even in very cold weather. More prevalent on European cars apparently.

My car seems to get upto temp VERY quickly, if its not used for 24 hours then i start it warm air comes out almost straight away and very HOT air within about 2 minutes. The gauge sits in the middle after about a quarter of a mile.