m3matt

Andrive faults and fixes

24 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

It appears we are now flying solo with these units.

I recently had an issue where I was unable to get my unit to boot.

I tried the pinhole reset switch on the front with no luck, however there is a another reset option. This combination worked for me.

press and hold left volume and then press eject button. All lights on the unit will illuminate.

press reset switch with paper clip, hold for 5 seconds

Unit should boot. 

Post your fixes up here.

Edited by m3matt

Another update.

Issue

Fader stops working. This happens when using bluetooth to stream music. If you turn off the ignition and then turn back on the fader will no longer work, nor will the EQ. The sound is mono through all speakers. 

Fix

Launch radio app, then relaunch bluetooth app, This apparently reloads the fader app and all will work again.

Fix 2

Set MCU timeout to 0hrs 0mins. This will force the unit to cold boot each time the ignition is cut. Not ideal but might help.

Edited by m3matt

Hi guys

After much searching, I bought AN39-2 first, then AN39-3 and I just found out that ANDRIVE gone. I'm devastated ...

I wonder if anyone has managed to fix the fault reported. Do you know who can provide technical support?

Do you may contact the manufacturer for upgrade?

Thanks for your help.If possible

There were a long discussion string about many Andrive issues, deleted by Andrive guys. Is this string possible to return by the administratitors?

If not, we have two options imo. Start new Andrive Q&A string or advise users to visit another forum (e46 etc.).

Is there any estimate how many units were sold?

Does anyone know how to sort the constant Music app closing notification? I keep on getting it. I went to the Settings 》 Applications and tried to clear cache and data as on the Android phone but it does not allow me to do it.

My unit has decided to intermittently have a black screen , as if it's in reverse even though it's not. Anyone seen this or have a fix?

I have not had this kind of problems, but I had to reinstall the device twice, because of such trouble...

My unit has decided to intermittently have a black screen , as if it's in reverse even though it's not. Anyone seen this or have a fix?

I had this exact problem....so I took it out the car and put my old one back in!

That is not a solution, just ignore the problem.

Sure I saw something about removing the can box to solve that problem?

Cheers guys will try and remove the canbus. May be a silly question but what's it meant to do?

^^^

A controller area network (CAN bus) is a vehicle bus standard designed to allow microcontrollers and devices to communicate with each other in applications without a host computer. It is a message-based protocol, designed originally for automotive applications, but is also used in many other contexts.

From Wiki ;)

alsi likes this

How I fixed my non existent am radio issues and fm bad reception on the andrive an39-3 in a prefacelift e39 saloon without dsp or nav.

The problem with mine was fm radio reception which was excellent parked up (although the unit would not scan new stations just return to the original station tuned) and no am radio at all, just static.

The oem radio in my e39 was the cassette radio. It has two aerial connectors, one fakra and one thicker iso connector.

With my unit I had a twin fakra adaptor which has the blue wire to power the aerial amp. I connected this to the units blue remote wire as per many examples I found online and also tried my single fakra in both connectors to discover which was am/fm or just fm with no joy. Symptoms always no am with fm only when parked up.

Everything I'd read suggested connecting it the way I had and most had solved issues this way. Pin 16 and 17 on the harness are empty on my car so connecting up the amp aerial this way was a no-go.

One suggestion was to run a wire direct from the 'remote' blue wire on the andrive to the amp in the c-pillar which was to be my next move...until I decided to buy a powered aerial adaptor for the iso connector and also an iso to din convertor to try the iso on its own.

It was now I discovered my cars iso was in fact knackered as during connecting up I suddenly got am radio very clearly and holding it in a certain position I also got fm with the ability to scan through the band and pick up stations which i'd not managed to before.

However I couldn't replicate it once the unit was installed so shot to halfords and bought an iso to din adaptor so I could dismantle the iso and swap out my broken one. This proved simpler than I thought - just tricky threading the central wire from the new connector inside the hole in the cars wire!!

Hey presto even without the blue remote cable connected I had excellent fm with tuning ability and amazingly lots of am stations including my beloved talksport :)

I hooked up the powered bit and reinstalled the unit in the car.

I have read pre facelift cars have the power for the aerial in the fakra and later cars have it in the iso. This is obviously not the case with my 98 e39 as the fakra with power just didn't do anything.

Suffice to say if anyone has similar problems try getting a iso to din powered adaptor or even just a converter and check the cars iso in case it's damaged. Mine was all broken inside and had sticky black tape all round the cable end. I'd not even looked at it first time round as assumed it was redundant.

Now extremely happy with the andrive despite what I have read about them, I have excellent radio reception, if not better than the oem unit and good gps. :):)

Edited by todayshorse

Great new and nice to see you have it working correctly maybe it just needed to be in the right hands ,a little patience and hands on can usually sort anything

I think it worked fine for paperjams apart from the canbus playing up. I'm guessing he had it in a facelift rather than my old bus!

Hi folks

After a long time trying to get the ANDRIVE AN39-3 unit work properly, I only managed to fix some problems (rewiring ... etc) but finally I decided to forget this horrible experience.

If someone wants my AN39-2 and AN39-3 units there are available in a very low price (what you want...)

I decided on a /// AVIN Avant2 unit (from Germany) is like AN39-3 but everything works without any problems and with great support from USA and Germany.

I'm sorry to have spent my money on ANDRIVE ...

Best regards from Spain

kenny likes this

does anyone know the factory settings code? ive tried 126, 1234, 999,0000, etc but no joy. trying to remap the panel keys and a reset just wiped everything and restarted the unit in chinese....apparently its supposed to go into some section where it gets you to sort all the panel keys, logo and so on but mine didnt....

Hi folks

After a long time trying to get the ANDRIVE AN39-3 unit work properly, I only managed to fix some problems (rewiring ... etc) but finally I decided to forget this horrible experience.

If someone wants my AN39-2 and AN39-3 units there are available in a very low price (what you want...)

I decided on a /// AVIN Avant2 unit (from Germany) is like AN39-3 but everything works without any problems and with great support from USA and Germany.

I'm sorry to have spent my money on ANDRIVE ...

Best regards from Spain

Sorry a lot of you people were cheated by Andrive

On a positive note there are some of you coming together trying your own fixes so well done !!

alsi likes this

ok so heres some interesting info i came across.

go into the calculator app and type !(123)= or !(789)=

!(123)= got me into a 'secret' menu - although its probably the same menu that i was maybe looking for in a restore setting, but anyway, it has 4 selections, one of which is the key panels settings so you can correct the volume rotation and map all the external buttons on the unit.

well chuffed as now all those work correctly!!

KevsM5, kenny and alsi like this