Twiglet

What did you do to your E60/61 today?

On 03/05/2018 at 7:20 PM, Mashed Potatoes said:

I got away with it, running fine again now it was just a bit scary!

However I got another bang out of it today, we upped boost to 2.85bar to see if it would take that and fuelling. No valve float, and my god it screamed round to 4000rpm. At 4100 there was an enormous BANG. After regaining my composure I realised it was still running, no lights on, no apparent problems but wow it was loud.

Turns out I found the limit of the standard exhaust system. I blew the exhaust pipe off the downpipe. :lol:

Put it back on, made sure the clamp was very very tight, went out and tried again. Boom. Exhaust off. 

Backbox removal next! :lol:

Taking the M57D30TU2 to new heights :D. You should consider a custom big bore exhaust (post centre silencer) to achieve that elusive 500 bhp+ Blame MP when 335d/535d start appreciating in value.

56 minutes ago, Blobby said:

Don't go wrecking your turbos mate.. Just wait until it's ready to let rip :D

i thought you might have some vids of it on a dyno

Tonight this is the best I can do dude. The park/neutral hard cut limiter. It's not there when driving normally only when in park or neutral. My inner child likes it! :D

26 minutes ago, jake13 said:

Taking the M57D30TU2 to new heights :D. You should consider a custom big bore exhaust (post centre silencer) to achieve that elusive 500 bhp+ Blame MP when 335d/535d start appreciating in value.

Haha cheers dude. I won't be the first to achieve 500 by a long stretch. It's already been done. I just want to try and do it for myself. I'm looking at getting a 3.5 inch downpipe made (I'll sell my Wagner one) and a 3.5 inch boxless system done too. I need a money tree. This 500bhp malarkey is expensive! 

12 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Tonight this is the best I can do dude. The park/neutral hard cut limiter. It's not there when driving normally only when in park or neutral. My inner child likes it! :D

Haha cheers dude. I won't be the first to achieve 500 by a long stretch. It's already been done. I just want to try and do it for myself. I'm looking at getting a 3.5 inch downpipe made (I'll sell my Wagner one) and a 3.5 inch boxless system done too. I need a money tree. This 500bhp malarkey is expensive! 

Nah. mine sounds like that.. Maybe get a video of the speedo when you're on that private road you use ;) to show the acceleration 

1 hour ago, Blobby said:

Nah. mine sounds like that.. Maybe get a video of the speedo when you're on that private road you use ;) to show the acceleration 

:lol: let me get the back box off so I know it's not making big back pressure and I'll see what kind of 'road' I can arrange!

Expecting to see lots pics posted, of all those nicely polished motors over this Bank Holiday weekend B). What else ya gonna do anyway?

16 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Love it! :twisted: The nice thing about those dirty Diesels is that they are that much more tweakable.

6 hours ago, DarkHorse said:

Expecting to see lots pics posted, of all those nicely polished motors over this Bank Holiday weekend B). What else ya gonna do anyway?

Love it! :twisted: The nice thing about those dirty Diesels is that they are that much more tweakable.

Haha cheers dude.

Mine got a wash today, it's not been cleaned in about 3 months so it was well overdue. Snowfoam, wash with Blacklight shampoo, dry, a coat of Poorboys Black Hole then a layer of Nattys Paste Wax for black cars. That'll see it through another few months of not being looked after in the slightest! :lol: Will get some pics up tomorrow.

On 05/05/2018 at 6:55 PM, Mashed Potatoes said:

...Snowfoam, wash with Blacklight shampoo, dry, a coat of Poorboys Black Hole then a layer of Nattys Paste Wax for black cars.

Thanks, might try those tips next time (maybe next year). Got the urge after it cooled down last night and gave it a hand wash, added some old stock of Autoglym pollish then gloss protection. Was probably a bit hasty, as it was getting dark and took the gloss protection off too early. Waited until morning light to take a few pics, only to find loads of pollen and blossom dusted all over :(:lol: (now I'm missng that garage as it's been converted to a kitchen extension for the Ball n Chain... DOH!). Hence here's a couple of shots from a distance:

20180506_093522.thumb.jpg.80fac7b7986761de6a597fd82203b938.jpg20180506_093926.thumb.jpg.dd095a26eab1f6fcf94d5c0216e78433.jpg

Been pretty hot today though, considering we had a frost just last week :wacko:.

Are those wheels Ferric Grey?  I am still deciding what to do with my recently purchased MV2s that will become winter wheels.  

I was going to refurb them myself, but a colour change probably means it's easier to get them done professionally. 

7 hours ago, Deviant said:

Are those wheels Ferric Grey?  I am still deciding what to do with my recently purchased MV2s that will become winter wheels.  

I was going to refurb them myself, but a colour change probably means it's easier to get them done professionally. 

I can't remember what colour are these but not Ferric Grey and it has numbers in the name, they gave me a receipt with colour on it but it looks like it's written by leg not a hand! :)

I also picked up last Friday my winter wheels after refurb, I wanted to do them just a standard colour but the owner of the garage persuaded me to go other colour, so here they are - Shadow Chrome!

large.20180504_142626.jpg.ee2f60d43c2526fbc6bc20024995992b.jpglarge.20180504_142620.jpg.c777c4dbc062e80880f1c3250bfcc109.jpglarge.20180504_125920.jpg.0719818dc074dec65a7201e4f4878be9.jpglarge.20180504_125916.jpg.ba1d58be7f6e5dad9519352d854bb7b5.jpg

Now I can't wait for winter to see how they will look on the car! 

They look great too. Here's my newly refurbed spiders in Ferric Grey

IidwDQT.jpg

The top pic on yours, they look a little darker than this, which I like.  The Shadow Chrome looks a lot darker than I thought it would. yours looks a little blacker compared to google images which all look a bit more chromier.

I think darker colour cars suit darker coloured wheels better. I'm not keen on the black wheels on this one.

pT9jcC0.jpg?1

Found these, which are called Light Anthracite Silver

011.-BMW-3-Series-MV2-Alloys.-Light-Anth

012.-BMW-3-Series.-MV2-Alloys.-Light-Ant

Edited by Deviant

1 hour ago, Deviant said:

They look great too. Here's my newly refurbed spiders in Ferric Grey

IidwDQT.jpg

The top pic on yours, they look a little darker than this, which I like.  The Shadow Chrome looks a lot darker than I thought it would. yours looks a little blacker compared to google images which all look a bit more chromier.

I think darker colour cars suit darker coloured wheels better. I'm not keen on the black wheels on this one.

I love Spiders, and they look good!

My winter ones are darker but has more metallic shade to it as my summer wheels more greyish color but less Chromy. I am sure they will both look good on blue color car.

The black ones you attached look good on silver car but would look too gangsta on black car.

Managed to hit 48mpg the best ever for me, during  a 200 mile round trip to pick up some Msport 18" alloys that i hope to get fitted this weekend. Then sell on my 19" alloys.

Impressive MPG :angry:.

I suspect that changing the wheel diameter will effect your future MPG figures. A smaller wheel will effect the 'rollout' per engine rev in top gear. Probably the car will go slightly slower than the speedo will now indicate and the measured MPG might actually look better as a result (because in reality you will be going slower). Maybe?

9 minutes ago, DarkHorse said:

Impressive MPG :angry:.

I suspect that changing the wheel diameter will effect your future MPG figures. A smaller wheel will effect the 'rollout' per engine rev in top gear. Probably the car will go slightly slower than the speedo will now indicate and the measured MPG might actually look better as a result (because in reality you will be going slower). Maybe?

On my 520d I did notice the MPG on the computer was sitting higher (coincidently 48mpg) when I was running my 16" winter wheels.  When I switched back to my 18" alloys with summer tires it dropped back to about 44-45mpg.

11 hours ago, Misterbish said:

to pick up some Msport 18" alloys that i hope to get fitted this weekend. Then sell on my 19" alloys.

Don't forget your camera. :lol:

Ordered 2 new tailgate struts as I banged my head when it didn't stay up properly this afternoon. . Ebay £43 and seems to have good feedback. 

A bit pissed of because I ordered 2 from a german ebay seller not long after I bought the car but they only sent one. 

I fitted that one knowing the other was getting lazy but it was the new one that split it's outer shroud and gave me a bastard headache. 

Rant over. 

I discovered how unbearably noisy the 535D is with a single exit exhaust and no silencer. My God it sounds like a jet engine, but not in a good way. 

Big straight through silencer going in next week! :lol:

Oh and @Blobby I will do a video with the worlds loudest diesel exhaust this weekend!

Edit - got this on my phone tonight. We were map testing on our E46 330i (which you'll hear screech to a stop at the end - it's just had a hydraulic handbrake fitted before it goes out drifting over the next couple of weeks) but I'll get an under load one over the weekend with the GoPro. 

Edited by Mashed Potatoes

On 5/10/2018 at 7:05 PM, Mashed Potatoes said:

I discovered how unbearably noisy the 535D is with a single exit exhaust and no silencer. My God it sounds like a jet engine, but not in a good way. 

Big straight through silencer going in next week! :lol:

Oh and @Blobby I will do a video with the worlds loudest diesel exhaust this weekend!

Edit - got this on my phone tonight. We were map testing on our E46 330i (which you'll hear screech to a stop at the end - it's just had a hydraulic handbrake fitted before it goes out drifting over the next couple of weeks) but I'll get an under load one over the weekend with the GoPro. 

haha sounds like my tank lol just done a hard cut limiter too need some tuning though as at higher speed too much smoke 

Picked her up the garage yesterday. Wouldn't 're gen. All 6 Glow plugs and control unit replaced. Got them to 're gen it for my and fix the AC which hasn't worked dincebi bought it. Soot levels down from 51 to 12 now and icy cold air. Hefty bill though :(

Tailgate struts fitted and work great. £42.95 inc del for a pair was money well spent. 

Edited by Syemondo