Twiglet

What did you do to your E60/61 today?

Venting into the air involves a hefty fine and prison sentence.. That's what i was taught when i did my FGAS course..

All these nationals that top up every year because it's all gone should be locating the leak and fixing it.

JBL MS-8 finally  fitted and actually working like it should-ish. Now I have to put back all the stuff that I have removed,  more holes to drill and wiring connections to do and should be fine, for now... 

P.S. Regarding  the refrigerant issue I was told from a company  that does the air con refills/fixes that If you use the 2in1 gas and sealant from halfords(or similar stuff) they wouldn't  touch the car as if they pump that stuff out, apparently  it clogs up their machine.... and it costs  a for them to clean it.. 

Not too sure about this, might be just the marketing  trick.

20180411_182441.jpg

IMG-20180418-WA0006.jpeg

2 hours ago, Grizzle_E60 said:

E90 LCI reg plate LED retrofit. 

20180426_171231_HDR.thumb.jpg.bd1b6ca8f4db67151f08248d3248bc23.jpg

Can you post any photos of it at night time, please? 
Was looking to fit LEDs to mine, but couldn't find any good ones that will last, don't throw up any errors and don't look like a Christmas tree lights. Basically closest look to OEM LEDs.
Any errors with those? Cost? Have you bought them online or at stealers?

6 minutes ago, baku911 said:

Can you post any photos of it at night time, please? 
Was looking to fit LEDs to mine, but couldn't find any good ones that will last, don't throw up any errors and don't look like a Christmas tree lights. Basically closest look to OEM LEDs.
Any errors with those? Cost? Have you bought them online or at stealers?

i'll get a pic later but i think it will look on camera really bright when in reality they arent bright at all and are OEM, if youve ever seen an E90 LCI at night then this is as bright as it is, @Mashed Potatoes done a write up on here with P/N and a guide, the light units i got from ebay.

In total i was about £42 quid, Bruce has a set ready to go for £40 delivered https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Genuine-BMW-License-Plate-Lamp-LED-63267193293-Retrofit-cables-E60-E61/173284634128?hash=item285891ae10:g:f9sAAOSwUP5a3iWD

1 hour ago, Grizzle_E60 said:

i'll get a pic later but i think it will look on camera really bright when in reality they arent bright at all and are OEM, if youve ever seen an E90 LCI at night then this is as bright as it is, @Mashed Potatoes done a write up on here with P/N and a guide, the light units i got from ebay.

In total i was about £42 quid, Bruce has a set ready to go for £40 delivered https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Genuine-BMW-License-Plate-Lamp-LED-63267193293-Retrofit-cables-E60-E61/173284634128?hash=item285891ae10:g:f9sAAOSwUP5a3iWD

Woo! Always nervy posting a little how2 in the hope you didn't miss anything out, especially doing it from some old notes and memory of how you made them! :lol: Glad you like how they look at night. I do like the light that comes off them instead of the floodlight look.

Got me a halfrauds trade card, kept meaning to do it for ages..

Not really a 'what i did to my e60/61' post, but at least i can get bits cheaper

Euro car parts and carpart4less will often offer an additional discount if you leave items in your basket for a day or so. :ph34r:

Oh and gave it a wash. 

22 hours ago, Deviant said:

Euro car parts and carpart4less will often offer an additional discount if you leave items in your basket for a day or so. :ph34r:

Oh and gave it a wash. 

My nearest ECP is 20 miles away. Halfrauds is less than a mile away. Looks like I can get a Yuasa battery for my car for £100 instead of £125.. Better than a kick in gonads

Gave the car a wash, was going to do a coat of Carnuaba Wax but stupid rain started even though forecast was sunny until Tuesday! Grrr!

Managed to eventually get the volume down on the pdc as it was painfully loud after the audio filter coding. 

Had to modify the daten file with ncs dummies to change the default parameters but it's nice and quiet and audible over the stereo. 

I did the same to the gong which took a bit more trial and error. 

Also coded the SBT terminal as disconnected as it intermittently gave me an airbag error. I did the resistor mod first as whoever changed the battery before I bought it managed to break the wire at the terminal. 

Edited by Syemondo
Typo

Ordered it some Liqui Moly oil for a 7K oil change planned for the bank holiday weekend. I decided to take a punt on some hydraulic lifter additive to quiet down those pesky tappets. 

I found a bottle with a german label for 5 quid less than the english label B) 

Upped the boost to 3.0bar on my car with sufficient fuel.

I discovered valve float. Not a nice sound at 4500rpm!

Boost now back down to 2.8bar until I put stiffer valve springs in it :lol:

Edited by Mashed Potatoes

One of my favourite oils, Top Tec 4600

Mine too, I had 3 litres left over, so had to buy another 5 litres to use it up despite me getting 8 litres of Castrol Edge for £44 recently. 

That was too good to pass up. The Top Tec 4600 was £35.00 for 5 litres for comparison. I plan to do an engine flush with flushing oil when I change to the Castrol in 7k time.

Edited by Deviant

22 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Upped the boost to 3.0bar on my car with sufficient fuel.

I discovered valve float. Not a nice sound at 4500rpm!

Boost now back down to 2.8bar until I put stiffer valve springs in it :lol:

Hopefully didn't damage the valve seat

Watched her tick over to 150,000 miles on the clock! Coincidently right as I pulled into my drive! (Ok, maybe after a lap of the block! My OCD couldnt leave it sat at 149,999!)

20180503_161444.jpg

Edited by Modge

On 5/1/2018 at 10:36 PM, Blobby said:

Hopefully didn't damage the valve seat

I got away with it, running fine again now it was just a bit scary!

However I got another bang out of it today, we upped boost to 2.85bar to see if it would take that and fuelling. No valve float, and my god it screamed round to 4000rpm. At 4100 there was an enormous BANG. After regaining my composure I realised it was still running, no lights on, no apparent problems but wow it was loud.

Turns out I found the limit of the standard exhaust system. I blew the exhaust pipe off the downpipe. :lol:

Put it back on, made sure the clamp was very very tight, went out and tried again. Boom. Exhaust off. 

Backbox removal next! :lol:

Edited by Mashed Potatoes

11 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I got away with it, running fine again now it was just a bit scary!

However I got another bang out of it today, we upped boost to 2.85bar to see if it would take that and fuelling. No valve float, and my god it screamed round to 4000rpm. At 4100 there was an enormous BANG. After regaining my composure I realised it was still running, no lights on, no apparent problems but wow it was loud.

Turns out I found the limit of the standard exhaust system. I blew the exhaust pipe off the downpipe. :lol:

Put it back on, made sure the clamp was very very tight, went out and tried again. Boom. Exhaust off. 

Backbox removal next! :lol:

Holy crap :blink:

Hey Spuds, have you got any videos of your exhaust wrecker doing its thang :lol:

3 minutes ago, Blobby said:

Hey Spuds, have you got any videos of your exhaust wrecker doing its thang :lol:

Spuds :lol:

Not currently, but I can go out later on and do one of the hard cut limiter on it if you like? I'm being nice to it until Wednesday when the box gets chopped off - that kind of pressure in the exhaust WILL do damage to the turbos eventually! 

55 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Spuds :lol:

Not currently, but I can go out later on and do one of the hard cut limiter on it if you like? I'm being nice to it until Wednesday when the box gets chopped off - that kind of pressure in the exhaust WILL do damage to the turbos eventually! 

Don't go wrecking your turbos mate.. Just wait until it's ready to let rip :D

i thought you might have some vids of it on a dyno