Twiglet

What did you do to your E60/61 today?

22 minutes ago, MrHooky said:

Now getting error message though on the DIS. Is this due to the reduced voltage? I don't want to swap back as the light is spot on - just like newer OEM bulbs but the error message every time I start the car will get annoying...

If you have NCS Expert just code out cold and warm bulb checks in the LMA module.

Post a pic of what your LED's look like

25 minutes ago, Misterbish said:

If you have NCS Expert just code out cold and warm bulb checks in the LMA module.

Post a pic of what your LED's look like

Et voila. Don't have the NCS expert thing. May have to look into it...

69DBCF51-7909-4EB0-A4F6-4096F2918A0E.jpeg

Fully serviced and sorted a squeeky brake pad, however have discovered my brakelines are all totally corroded and need urgent replacement <_< 06 plate 140k miles

Replaced both track rod ends pretty straight forward, booked in to get tracked in the morning  

22 hours ago, MrHooky said:

Et voila. Don't have the NCS expert thing. May have to look into it...

Looks good mate not too bright just right, i used to have the complete LED units(cheap of Ebay) but they never lasted very long and were too bright, so i brought some original number plate lamps and replaced the bulbs with LED's they look so much better.

4 minutes ago, Misterbish said:

Looks good mate not too bright just right, i used to have the complete LED units(cheap of Ebay) but they never lasted very long and were too bright, so i brought some original number plate lamps and replaced the bulbs with LED's they look so much better.

Should they fail you can also fit the E90 LCI LED numberplate lights. The lights (complete sealed units with the LEDs in) are cheaper from the dealer than eBay and the little bit of loom you need to make up to convert the plugs and keep it plug and play isn't much either. I can send you the list of parts if you want them. They look really good fitted. Not too in your face and the light actually focuses on the numberplate properly with the lenses being designed for LEDs.

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Should they fail you can also fit the E90 LCI LED numberplate lights. The lights (complete sealed units with the LEDs in) are cheaper from the dealer than eBay and the little bit of loom you need to make up to convert the plugs and keep it plug and play isn't much either. I can send you the list of parts if you want them. They look really good fitted. Not too in your face and the light actually focuses on the numberplate properly with the lenses being designed for LEDs.

Would these still throw up the warning I'm getting? Please do PM me the parts needed for the E90 equivalent as may change if the code starts to annoy me too much. 

Mine look spot on - really pleased, just the warning message that's a little annoying on start up and engine turn off but I'll probably live with. Given the bulbs were Bosch I'm expecting them to last forever, just wish didn't have the error messages...

1 hour ago, Misterbish said:

Please if you could MP

12 minutes ago, MrHooky said:

Would these still throw up the warning I'm getting? Please do PM me the parts needed for the E90 equivalent as may change if the code starts to annoy me too much. 

Mine look spot on - really pleased, just the warning message that's a little annoying on start up and engine turn off but I'll probably live with. Given the bulbs were Bosch I'm expecting them to last forever, just wish didn't have the error messages...

Unfortunately they'll still throw up the bulb warning because the light module is still not expecting LEDs. If you're local to me I can code the bulb warning out for you no problem. They're just a nice upgrade with them being OEM they really do last well. I'll dig out the parts required and put the list up for you guys.

10 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Unfortunately they'll still throw up the bulb warning because the light module is still not expecting LEDs. If you're local to me I can code the bulb warning out for you no problem. They're just a nice upgrade with them being OEM they really do last well. I'll dig out the parts required and put the list up for you guys.

Very kind offer - based in Birmingham - whereabouts are you?!

19 hours ago, Misterbish said:

Please if you could MP

17 hours ago, MrHooky said:

Here you go guys :)

£2.50 Tesco value car wash today... thought about waxing it... :mellow:

Edited by DarkHorse
typo's

Changed the oil and filter on the newly acquired motor obviously the previous owner hadn’t done it in while, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen air and cabin filters as black as these! Engine went immediately quieter after the oil change as well, just waiting on the new discs to arrive from bmw and hopefully this will cure the vibration under braking, thrust and control arm seem solid enough with no play, but if the discs don’t cure it will look at replacing the arms 

Fitted footwell lights today using the proper pins outs and plugs to keep it as OE as possible, then took the lights out and replaced the stock xenon with xenarc night breaker unlimited.

Started the 'black edition' modifications....

Step 1) mirrors wrapped gloss black in situ 

Step 2) rear OEM diffuser wrapped ready for fitting

Step 3) booked spiders in for ferric grey refurb

Step 4) ordered OEM gloss black kidneys 

Pic of the mirrors. Hope it looks ok when done. At least having things wrapped means it can be reversed...

3FB6695E-CA3F-494B-9540-27B00E68F9CC.jpeg

4CEDB57D-A9AC-4B33-B8C9-38D606160D1A.jpeg

5F9C3285-C6B8-46D2-B48B-6D21C9CE2142.jpeg

162ECB4D-8963-4747-BC5C-84D06D3CC245.jpeg

Edited by MrHooky

Potentially fixed my air con leak.  The system was completely empty and the kit told me not to attempt to charge it. I went ahead and charged it anyway until it hit the green on the gauge, and then swapped over to a can of leak sealer.

The system sucked in the leak sealer and I swapped back to the refrigerant and emptied the canister. 

I checked the pressure this morning and it's still in the green :lol:  I'm now getting colder air, but not anything approaching icy.  I'll monitor pressures over the next week and perhaps get some more refrigerant if the leak has sealed.