Twiglet

What did you do to your E60/61 today?

I’m going to use this thread as a status update - anything to do regarding the Gold Digger, I will post :)

Called for my coilovers - order will be placed on Firday :D

Can anyone advise what i should change while the suspension is apart?

Edited by Mr. Shaz H

AP coilovers. It's about 560 plus postage for a set but i'm getting for 440 all in. The sales guy made a mistake and as a one off is letting me have it at that price, win! Hence why i'm ordering asap and the work will be done later (hoping before the meet!)

P.s good thread James! Been thinking of creating one for ages after seeing other 5er sections have it

I too have been looking at coilovers for a while. The amount of speed humps on my daily commute is ridiculous though. Decided to settle on some H&R springs to see how that pans out but i'd be interested to see how the coilovers do for you!

I too have been looking at coilovers for a while. The amount of speed humps on my daily commute is ridiculous though. Decided to settle on some H&R springs to see how that pans out but i'd be interested to see how the coilovers do for you!

My shocks feel weak and I thought it’s more cost effective to go coillies rather than just shocks and not have the ability to have the ride height as I wanted.

I won’t ride the car so low that humps are an issue. It will be quite subtle just to cover the arch gap.

Edited by Mr. Shaz H

You off e46zone.com by any chance?

Today I struggled to remove 3 valve caps and destroyed another *thumbs up*

No mate, this is my first adventure into BMW ownership.

Like you say though, a lot of forums have threads like these. Let's hope everyone continues to post to this one, and keep it going.

Today I drove mine to work and back. Oh the blessed relief after plodding around in my Isuzu Trooper for a week while she was in the garage!!

Had a Mk6 VW Golf GTD try it on away from the lights on the way home... No chance!! lol

Today I was mostly..........

Found a roll of nasty cheap window tint and thought I'd see if I could use dirt cheap halfords tint to actually work........

No is the answer lol. No idea where the stuff came from, it was tucked behind my toolbox. I've never bought tint from halfords in my life so god knows where it came from.

Safest to say when I do get around to tinting my windows it won't be with 10 pound tint!

AP coilovers. It's about 560 plus postage for a set but i'm getting for 440 all in. The sales guy made a mistake and as a one off is letting me have it at that price, win! Hence why i'm ordering asap and the work will be done later (hoping before the meet!)

P.s good thread James! Been thinking of creating one for ages after seeing other 5er sections have it

I've had/fitted a few sets of coilovers to previous cars and my advice is to get a set of coilover covers also. If you haven't seen them before, they are weather proof sleeves that simply Velcro around your coilover to protect them from the elements. They are about £20 a set.

T

I've had/fitted a few sets of coilovers to previous cars and my advice is to get a set of coilover covers also. If you haven't seen them before, they are weather proof sleeves that simply Velcro around your coilover to protect them from the elements. They are about £20 a set.

Thanks Bob. These would be my first set, i usually go down the springs route. Will check out the sleeves and also been advised to spray a good coat of wax to help fight the salty season!

Ordering Friday and hoping to fit it in by March/April, can't wait!

Edited by Mr. Shaz H

White spray grease is good. Normal grease is good but sometimes collects dust and crap. Bike chain lube.

When you get them grease (or whatever your using) all the threads generously and coat the adjusters too, also where any fittings go for brake hoses etc. Also, I use to find the bottom of the springs would start to rust, so once I'd greased the threads etc, I'd do round the bottom of the springs and just wipe over the spring in general to keep them in good condition.

Sounds over the top, but it really does keep them in top condition and they will remain adjustable.

I used to do it probably a couple of times a year.

Well i went off to bmw in blackheath (london) and got my 3 recalls sorted out..whilst there i burnt my tounge whilst drinking hot chocolate :neutral:

What recalls are these mate? Is it rear cluster, battery and something else? I know there was a security recall but every BMW garage I call in Glasgow area say there is no such a thing as security recall for e60!