Twiglet

What did you do to your E60/61 today?

23 hours ago, Vlady said:

Are these the ones that superseded the KU39? Nearby garage offered these to me (or may be PS51?) for £107 per tyre, I decided to stick to KU39 so I have 4 matching tyres. PS91 has good reviews though! Keep us updated how these will perform!

Not sure its a replacement for the KU39 

According to the guys on the states they love the PS91 alot of M3 guys are rating them well for the price. 

http://kumhotyre.co.uk/kumho-news/new-super-tyre-for-the-supercar-coming-to-the-uk-the-kumho-ps91/

the PS91 is positioned as Kumho’s optimum high-performace road product, sitting just above our crowd-pleaser, the Ecsta Le Sport KU39. Our focus is on maximum grip and braking performance, combined with outstanding feel.

So what kind of cars will suit this super-tyre? It’s aimed at supercars, as well as ultra-quick passengers saloons like BMW M models, Mercedes-Benz AMG models and Audi RS makes.

Edited by Tuvoc

On 30/01/2018 at 9:36 AM, Mashed Potatoes said:

I really like the stealthy orange! 

Orange boost pipe too maybe or too much do you think?

I would if I could find some orange ones, most of the ones I've seen seen to be either oem black or blue , unfortunately I've taken the orange hoses off, my car didn't seem to like them as I was loosening boost top end when flooring it, put the braided black ones back on and it's all good, i can only assume they were collapsing under the head

and reducing the vacuum,  looked nice but didn't work for me 

Fitted a new pair of Goodyear eagle f1s   on the rear spiders, old tyres were badly worn, fitted a pair of eagle f1s  on the front last month so hopefully should be ok tyres wise for a while! 

I wanted a safe place for my prescription sunglasses, my e46 had the cubby with the door on that I used to use on the lower drivers side but the e60 only had a thin slot. 

Ebay and £11 later I have a nice size cubby with a door on. 

It's the little things in life that make a difference :D

20180202_172708.jpg

Edited by Syemondo
Typo

19 minutes ago, Syemondo said:

I wanted a safe place for my prescription sunglasses, my e46 had the cubby with the door on that I used to use on the lower drivers side but the e60 only had a thin slot. 

Ebay and £11 later I have a nice size cubby with a door on. 

It's the little things in life that make a difference :D

Where does that Fit? 

Lower dash below headlight switch. Most cars probably had them factory fitted. Mine is an SE but with factory sports seats, steering wheel and panoramic roof. 

No cubby or auto dimming rear mirror though. 

The mirror will probably be next. 

Edited by Syemondo
Typo

Just thought I would put this out to anyone interested. I purchased my 2009 E61 520D touring in October last year. One fob worked and the other didn't. When checking the one that didn't thinking it just needed a battery change, it was then I found out that it was rechargeable. On speaking to the local dealer I was informed that it's life span was up and I would need to purchase a new one and quoted £160. I found a company on eBay called Cresent radio, sent it away, got it back 3 days later with a new rechargeable battery fitted, cost £18. My other fob stopped working and this one did have the replaceable battery which I replaced. However, the remotes wouldn't work, I'm reading all the posts thinking possible diversity antenna, whats it going to cost me. This morning though I checked the fuses, pulled them out, pushed them back in and now both fobs work fine locking and unlocking, I assume it was just a bad connection on the fuse

Might be the fuse, could be water/corrsion at the diversity antenna, or could be the boot wiring at the hinge.

Try to see if the behaviour changes when you open the boot (pointing to the wiring), that's how I realised it was my wiring.

Removing the spoiler to get to the diversity isn't difficult, might be worth checking that too. All the best with it.

On 03/02/2018 at 8:24 PM, Syemondo said:

Lower dash below headlight switch. Most cars probably had them factory fitted. Mine is an SE but with factory sports seats, steering wheel and panoramic roof. 

No cubby or auto dimming rear mirror though. 

The mirror will probably be next. 

I've got auto-dimming mirrors all round.. Appreciate the door mirrors are fudged because they are always dim. But i hate them cannot see a thing at night when reversing, I'd rather have plain glass

Yes mine had auto dimming mirrors. One has been replaced with plain glass, and it is much better. Given that my car has limo tint on the rear and rear side windows, I can see zero at night time, so the mirror become more important.

I'm off to get wet and put the 4th gearbox heat exchanger on, this or put up with a 3 and 8 year old trying to kill each other.

3 hours ago, GoNz0 said:

I'm off to get wet and put the 4th gearbox heat exchanger on, this or put up with a 3 and 8 year old trying to kill each other.

ah, just Living the Dream! :twisted:

2 hours ago, DarkHorse said:

ah, just Living the Dream! :twisted:

On the plus side is stopped raining as soon as I started. Wonder how long this one will last :lol:

Driving along this morning, and the flippin  drivers wiper came off. Typical for it to happen on a day like today pouring  it down on the way to be somewhere.  £80 I wasn't expecting to fork out today 

Ordered bigger hybrids, strip down starts on Wednesday... Expecting to run out of fuel pump  around 460-470BHP but I already have a bigger pump sat here ready to go on it. I'm interested to see how far the R70 pump will go though. That, with methanol will hopefully clear 500BHP. If I make it to 508BHP I'm going to buy the numberplate M55 ETR for a laugh! :lol:

Edited by Mashed Potatoes

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Ordered bigger hybrids, strip down starts on Wednesday... Expecting to run out of fuel pump  around 460-470BHP but I already have a bigger pump sat here ready to go on it. I'm interested to see how far the R70 pump will go though. That, with methanol will hopefully clear 500BHP. If I make it to 508BHP I'm going to buy the numberplate M55 ETR for a laugh! :lol:

R90 pump? 

I managed to make my own FSC code today and took the satnav from 2014 to 2018-1 via the USB port :ph34r:

17 hours ago, khile said:

Retrofitted nbt into my e60 took a while but have nearly all features working IMG_20180204_160622.thumb.jpg.e8759a52953b472aec28b24918b447d8.jpgIMG_20180204_170408.thumb.jpg.4228dea3a7050c0ec0b4efa9d9d2bc71.jpgIMG_20180207_171353.thumb.jpg.ac8921fd178c218b29c0a5ae298e1344.jpgIMG_20180208_144522.thumb.jpg.c0738729a565fada74f863a73c670a2e.jpg

IMG_20180204_160625.jpg

IMG_20180204_154423.jpg

IMG_20180207_171349.jpg

I'm impressed with the cable jointing.. Seen similar with American commercial air con units, although they use screwits