Jump to content
Twiglet

What did you do to your E60/61 today?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DaveR said:

Connected up the laptop and fired up NCS expert to look into coding my cruise control.  Turns out I don't have the option of selecting the $540 option for cruise control!  Very odd....

 

Do you not code that in with WinKFP? Add it to the vehicle order in there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

 

Do you not code that in with WinKFP? Add it to the vehicle order in there?

Do I?  I don't know, to be honest.  I'm stabbing in the dark a bit.   Trying to follow a few online guides but none of them have mentioned Winkfp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dj1233 said:

Ordered new tyres for summer when the winter wheels come off at the end of the month (depending what the weather does)

What did you go for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I went out to take some photos in north Wales last night. Found some lovely places.

 

I might wash it today. :lol:

 

20180107_110852.thumb.jpg.d084b01034fb114623f3248d24fab278.jpg

Even dirty E60 is still beautiful! I know most prefer E39 but I find an E60 beautiful on it's own way! Non-classic way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DaveR said:

Do I?  I don't know, to be honest.  I'm stabbing in the dark a bit.   Trying to follow a few online guides but none of them have mentioned Winkfp.

 

https://5series.net/forums/e60-parts-accessories-mods-22/diy-cruise-control-retrofit-112105/

 

Sorry my mistake NCS Expert is the correct one to add it to the vehicle order!

 

This may help you - gives you a bit of an introduction to coding with NCS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Vlady said:

What did you go for?

 

I went for Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2 K120 225/50 ZR17 98Y XL. My last summer tyres were Hankook (albeit Prime) and they were good (20k miles-no front/rear axle rotation, still have about 3mm left), so have gone for them again this year. £300 for a set of 4 delivered was a good price too. 

Edited by dj1233

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

 

https://5series.net/forums/e60-parts-accessories-mods-22/diy-cruise-control-retrofit-112105/

 

Sorry my mistake NCS Expert is the correct one to add it to the vehicle order!

 

This may help you - gives you a bit of an introduction to coding with NCS.

Thanks, but I've seen that guide, and many others like it.  They ALL state to add the code $540 to the vo.  Code $540 wasn't there as an option to be added,  which is what confused me....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dj1233 said:

 

I went for Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2 K120 225/50 ZR17 98Y XL. My last summer tyres were Hankook (albeit Prime) and they were good (20k miles-no front/rear axle rotation, still have about 3mm left), so have gone for them again this year. £300 for a set of 4 delivered was a good price too. 

I have been to South Korea in November and Hankook is very popular there, taxi driver said Hankook is number 1 in Korea. They have cold and dry winters (in the south) so not sure how cope in wet Scottish climate.

Friend of mine suggested to go for Roadstone Eurovis Sport 04 for my wife's Passat, she drives slower than I do so should be fine plus £185 for 4 tyres sounds great! I will see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DaveR said:

Thanks, but I've seen that guide, and many others like it.  They ALL state to add the code $540 to the vo.  Code $540 wasn't there as an option to be added,  which is what confused me....

 

From memory it isn't shown in the list. You have to manually add it yourself, not just select it in the list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Vlady said:

I have been to South Korea in November and Hankook is very popular there, taxi driver said Hankook is number 1 in Korea. They have cold and dry winters (in the south) so not sure how cope in wet Scottish climate.

Friend of mine suggested to go for Roadstone Eurovis Sport 04 for my wife's Passat, she drives slower than I do so should be fine plus £185 for 4 tyres sounds great! I will see!

 

i'm up in Scotland a lot,  never had any issues with them (Hankooks) during any weather or the long journey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/01/2018 at 10:30 PM, Deviant said:

Fitted my spider alloys refurbed in ferric grey  :wub:

pics please or we don't believe you :D

Edited by mike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mike. said:

pics please or we don't believe you :D

 

On 08/01/2018 at 8:10 PM, e60530i said:

No pics to show? 

 

 

 

I'll take some after the car has had a wash :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided to shampoo the carpets today, 8 years of shit removed in 4 hours, some various drinks spilt in the back from kids and lots of ground in mud on the front mats along with what I think was chewing gum that came off without a fight using brake cleaner and a putty knife.

 

It decided to try another regen on the way back from fetching the wife once I got over 60km/h once up to temp but again I wasn't in a position to carry it to completion so I took it out and set a forced regen before joining the motorway, did another straight after that and now have it to 1 millibar so hopefully it won't try it again for a while!

 

When I 1st checked after doing the stats it was about 40 millibar, 1st forced took to to 20, last weeks took it to 10 and now it has basically no back pressure at idle.

 

God knows how long it had been unable to do a regen from the last owner but it could be upwards of 40k miles as the last service was a shitty indy so I would assume the last dealer service would have picked up on it.

 

Anyway, LCI are meant to be lifetime DPF's as confirmed by my new indy who is a E60 specialist so I hope now it is as low as it should be that is that. If not fucked if I know, no faults to say otherwise!

 

It does go a hell of a lot better now :ph34r:

Edited by GoNz0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone tell me what this  plugs into,just in the process of investigating water ingress in wheel well of my e61 525i,this plug and box show signs of slight frying,

I,ve unplugged it and car starts with no warning lights so i was wondering what it does,

Thanks for any advice.

18B2E727-26A5-45B0-8407-D251E5ECDE60.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, 740mick said:

Can anyone tell me what this  plugs into,just in the process of investigating water ingress in wheel well of my e61 525i,this plug and box show signs of slight frying,

I,ve unplugged it and car starts with no warning lights so i was wondering what it does,

Thanks for any advice.

18B2E727-26A5-45B0-8407-D251E5ECDE60.jpeg

It would help if you put in some details at least or a pic of the box in question, it could be anything!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just drying it out at the minute,

Its labelled Helbako 55692110

I think it may be the module for the auto tailgate as i,ve just pushed the button to close it and nothing happens.

Edited by 740mick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2018 at 11:05 PM, GoNz0 said:

Decided to shampoo the carpets today, 8 years of shit removed in 4 hours, some various drinks spilt in the back from kids and lots of ground in mud on the front mats along with what I think was chewing gum that came off without a fight using brake cleaner and a putty knife.

 

It decided to try another regen on the way back from fetching the wife once I got over 60km/h once up to temp but again I wasn't in a position to carry it to completion so I took it out and set a forced regen before joining the motorway, did another straight after that and now have it to 1 millibar so hopefully it won't try it again for a while!

 

When I 1st checked after doing the stats it was about 40 millibar, 1st forced took to to 20, last weeks took it to 10 and now it has basically no back pressure at idle.

 

God knows how long it had been unable to do a regen from the last owner but it could be upwards of 40k miles as the last service was a shitty indy so I would assume the last dealer service would have picked up on it.

 

Anyway, LCI are meant to be lifetime DPF's as confirmed by my new indy who is a E60 specialist so I hope now it is as low as it should be that is that. If not fucked if I know, no faults to say otherwise!

 

It does go a hell of a lot better now :ph34r:

If yours trys to regen frequently then it's a sign the glow plug relay is on the way out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Grizzle_E60 said:

If yours trys to regen frequently then it's a sign the glow plug relay is on the way out. 

It's brand new and not throwing any codes though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/01/2018 at 8:10 PM, e60530i said:

No pics to show? 

 

 

 

On 09/01/2018 at 5:04 PM, mike. said:

pics please or we don't believe you :D

 

Just washed, in rainy weather. The roads are horrible, but you get the idea.  Already kerbed them on the drivers side pmCuTSx.gif

 

I have a crease appear in the rear tint. Hopefully they can just replace that one. It's always looked rough compared to the rest.  Just noticed a crack in the windscreen too. 

 

IidwDQT.jpg

 

legAKtf.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managed to get hold a second hand diversity antenna. 
I’m Over the moon now. I don’t have to be next to window to lock and unlock the car. 
This is from how far away Works now. Car is in the far end to the left behind the silver 1 series

F8757E74-B2EC-4097-9CFC-9E84F4D3F859.jpeg

Edited by Paris 530d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×