Twiglet

What did you do to your E60/61 today?

7 hours ago, phillc said:

I notice it's a 535 (badge on boot) it should be 280ish standard is the 275bhp right? after remap should be about 300-330bhp?

Mines a 530d mate, standard 218bhp so happy with the increase in power.

7 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Pics of lowering springs required when fitted! I've got Eibach 30mm on mine and whilst I was happy with how it sat at the time, I can't help but think it needs to be just a touch lower.

Pics will be up as soon as they are on. Hoping to do it myself but it looks a little in depth to me :blink:

6 hours ago, BigFoot said:

Mines a 530d mate, standard 218bhp so happy with the increase in power.

535 badge tho!? Reckon that needs to come off asap! 

Well technically it is now a 535 in terms of performance :D

4 hours ago, Blobby said:

At least it's not an M5 badge..

I'm debadged, i like to keep em guessing... 

Same as me then :)

3 hours ago, teddy83 said:

True, until you come up against a mapped one! :wacko:

Haha that is true, it's why it's best to put a 1.0 Ecoboost badge and have teenagers try to race you :) Trust me it somehow worked on my old Integra Type R :D

21 hours ago, teddy83 said:

Think you might be getting my car confused with some one else who has posted mate haha, mine deffo has a 530d badge on the back 

Edited by BigFoot

10 hours ago, BigFoot said:

Think you might be getting my car confused with some one else who has posted mate haha, mine deffo has a 530d badge on the back 

Oh Yeah!! My bad sorry 

23 hours ago, iiNNeX said:

it's why it's best to put a 1.0 Ecoboost badge and have teenagers try to race you :) Trust me it somehow worked on my old Integra Type R :D

The amount of times I've considered getting a 518d badge :D (I know there isn't one but the amount of times I've seen the E90 318d try to give it some to me, it would be pretty fun) - Currently 525d 3.0 remapped

9 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Keep us posted on how you get on with those, I'm running Continental Sport Contact 2 on mine and they're not the quietest tyre. They seem to grip will though.

Well these are the replacement for the Pilot Super Sports which were basically the best road tire you could buy not too long ago. I expect nothing but the best from these so we will see.

On my E46 M3 I had a set of standard Michelin Pilot Sport 4's (not the S) and they were amazing, in both quietness, grip and funnily enough fuel economy. The M3 was previously running Continental M3s (not sure which model they refer to exactly but that was their name).

I ll keep you posted once my wheels come back from the powder coaters :)

20 minutes ago, teddy83 said:

2 thermostats, oil service, gearbox service and a new ac condenser yesterday :wacko:

Hello, I`d be interested to know how you got on with the gearbox service, thinking about doing mine shortly - E61 535D

2nd one I've had done since I had the car, 60k since the first. Personally i love a bit of preventative maintenance and I'm sure that it feels different after. Slightly smoother and less dim-witted 

2nd one I've had done since I had the car, 60k since the first. Personally i love a bit of preventative maintenance and I'm sure that it feels different after. Slightly smoother and less dim-witted 

Where did you get it done bud and did you have to supply anything?

Cheers

Some sticky stuff came today...

NEupRVLh.jpg&key=ad0e944a23e564c1ebe3895cff7d5420e364509fc63802ae71b8034bd058e997

I'd be interested too. Bought Conti Contact 6 for the front of mine but not had a chance to drive it. Off to Bristol tomorrow so will feed back anything I notice :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, iiNNeX said:

Where did you get it done bud and did you have to supply anything?

Cheers

DM works in Aylesbury bucks did mine, and no, they sort the lot 

Cleaning and regreasing my rear brakes they have a terrible squeak to them, also a clean and wax as its the bridge of allab classic car show tomorrow bmw Scotland have a stand which i'm on. 

Cleaning and regreasing my rear brakes they have a terrible squeak to them, also a clean and wax as its the bridge of allab classic car show tomorrow bmw Scotland have a stand which i'm on. 

Make sure you take some nice pics :)