Twiglet

What did you do to your E60/61 today?

4,275 posts in this topic

Had it mapped today, 275bhp :D fallen in love with the car even more. Then went on a shopping spree and bought 35mm H&R lowering springs, 20mm wheel spacers and some nice shiny new badges B)

Edited by BigFoot
Mashed Potatoes likes this

Oh spit! Just got back to the car to find this ding in front passenger door.

What a pain in the penis! Next job is to check what my excess is. Am well fed up as the car is pretty much unmarked despite being 10 years old.18aec00f98d33fe3a72bdbe77e40398f.jpg91a2e6ab98f4b50522b3521f66a484a3.jpg

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

BASTARDS.thats made me angry.

Me too fella. It was something like a Micra next to me, plenty of room too. Of course that car may have left and been replaced by some other tw@

Piggin' annoying though.

Proper c**t move mate, don't mind door dings as long as they leave details and apologise...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No cctv in car park?

Public car park on Forestry Commission land - no CCTV for miles. Not windy, cars parked on level ground...could be a kid throwing the door open maybe. Too old for tears but...

The fuel cap area was disgusting and mouldy so I gave it a quick clean with some general dirt remover and autoglym's tar remover, followed by a wipe of rapid detailer.

Oh.. and 4 boxes containing some circular items were picked up today :P

9f94e0113332fea8cc5f8dd4d4277118.jpg8e2aefcf5f17365f14889477e9b867d9.jpg

Hairyarse and Vlady like this

Drove it! And put power steering fluid in it again. No more notchy steering when going around right handers at xxMPH!

Time to price a new rack up though. :(

If you are aware of a fluid leak, you may want to check the cooler first. It sits in front of the condenser and is an easy target straight through the lower grille. A pinhole in mine was emptying the reservoir over 24 hrs.

Stunningly easy to replace and massively cheaper than a rack.

Mashed Potatoes likes this

Just now, HandyAndy_UK said:

If you are aware of a fluid leak, you may want to check the cooler first. It sits in front of the condenser and is an easy target straight through the lower grille. A pinhole in mine was emptying the reservoir over 24 hrs.

Stunningly easy to replace and massively cheaper than a rack.

After seeing you mention it in another thread that's exactly what I checked dude. Unfortunately it's coming from the joint where the steering column joins the rack.  I've had no luck finding just the seal on its own either. :(

Gave the car a minor service today, looks like the air filter hasn't been changed in a while! Pollen filters were in the same state too. I will add i think the air filter housing is a big PITA. 

Air%20Filter_zpsgaukighl.jpg

Gave my car a good wash so I could take photos for autotrader! :(

See what happens when you don't go E61 !!

Looks like yer dangly bit has snapped too 

I have to be honest I had my doubts about the wheels fitting in it xD

And yeah need to source the saggy bit

Gave my car a good wash so I could take photos for autotrader!

What you changing to?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thinking about changing too ... slightly newer touring would be nice... lower mileage and dare I say it, diesel would make more sense now I'm driving across Europe more. 

I think my shopping list would be 2009 on, xenons (flat beam so no headlamp stickies between UK/Europe), nav, usb would be nice, deffo NO sunroof, prefer auto climate, prefer manual, but more choice with auto. Ideally not M-Sport as it pushes up the insurance.

Just gotta keep saving and keep an eye on the markets.

On 2017-5-6 at 0:42 AM, BigFoot said:

Had it mapped today, 275bhp :D fallen in love with the car even more. Then went on a shopping spree and bought 35mm H&R lowering springs, 20mm wheel spacers and some nice shiny new badges B)

I notice it's a 535 (badge on boot) it should be 280ish standard is the 275bhp right? after remap should be about 300-330bhp?

Chu likes this

On 5/6/2017 at 0:42 AM, BigFoot said:

Pics of lowering springs required when fitted! I've got Eibach 30mm on mine and whilst I was happy with how it sat at the time, I can't help but think it needs to be just a touch lower.

Pics of lowering springs required when fitted! I've got Eibach 30mm on mine and whilst I was happy with how it sat at the time, I can't help but think it needs to be just a touch lower.

H&R sits perfect, a few about online. I am ordering a set with spacers to go along my Spiders