Twiglet

What did you do to your E60/61 today?

4,011 posts in this topic

I put on set of summer wheels, washed and stored away winter set, looks like it will need a refurb! :(

On summer set I have 2 new Kumho tyres I put these on front and 2 tyres RF's on the back I bought the car with as they shpuld be enough to do this season and if Kunhos prove them well will buy another 2 next season for rears.

1 hour ago, Grizzle_E60 said:

advisory for a stone chip??? Seriously? 

Heard about some real ridiculous advisories from JobsWorth mot testers but that sure is a new one :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Grizzle_E60 said:

advisory for a stone chip??? Seriously? 

Yup, a biggun in 'zone a'...if I were a bit taller would be right in my field of vision. 

To to be honest, I thought it was going to fail and need to be repaired, but they passed it, so will leave it for the mo'.

Got back from Bristol and she was filthy so good wash and wheels cleaned - then it rained :( 

Also the boot won't open on the remote key (quick press get the follow-me-home lights, long press does nothing) so have heard about the diversity amp thingy in the spoiler so I took a look and all was clean and the circuit board had no corrosion but sprayed with electrical contact cleaner all the same - the box it sits in did seem quite well sealed with mastic.  I found, however, that the thin coax was loose where the wire fits in the plug so re-seated this and the radio now has better reception and doesn't go to hisssss when reverse is selected which it was going.  Boot still doesn't open on the key though :( 

Today reinstalled XP SP3 on an old lappy, then Jimmy's INPA package and found it works without a problem - unlike when I tried on a W10 lappy. 

Then recoded my injectors and had a general 'diagnose' of the E61. Having coded the injectors to the marked values I noted when I had them out a week ago, it started on the button and ran smoothly. Just hope it continues like that, but at least I now have a useable INPA, etc package when required.

Fitted a pair of those H7 lamps someone mentioned a bit ago in my dips while I was out there... be interesting to see what the difference is.

I removed the DVD drive for the sat nav and will be fitting the new one tomorrow. 

I also bought some coding software off eBay. Hoping it's easy to use! 

Replaced the shit all black BMW badges with some black and white ones that match the ones on the wheels.

In doing this I discovered the previous owner must've tried to dig the original boot lid one out with screwdrivers and a hammer. Down to the metal. :rolleyes: Put a layer of rust converter on it just in case any had got in (it looked OK but better to not tempt fate) and I'll put some paint on it tomorrow.

Oh, and avoiding some halfwit that didn't know how wide his Insignia was, I scraped the front passenger wheel. :angry: