Twiglet

What did you do to your E60/61 today?

4,022 posts in this topic

Several forums I've been a member of in the past have had a long running thread like this. I can't see one here, so thought I'd start one...

So this weekend... Yesterday I collected my E61 from my local independent BMW garage, where she has been since Tuesday. In that time, they carried out repairs to my tailgate wiring harness, and replaced my diversity aerial. My heated rear window and Comfort Access are now working as they should be!

Will she was in, I treated her to an engine oil and filter change, new crankcase breather, air filter, pollen filters, fuel filter, and new gearbox oil and filter. That should be it for servicing for a little while!

Today, I stripped out the boot floor, checking for the dreaded pond in the spare wheel well. Fortunately it was nice and dry, but I checked my sunroof drains while I was in there.

I've also washed her and started cleaning and treating the seats, as the cream leather on the drivers seat was looking a little grubby. Looking much better now though.

And finally, I will be ordering a new spare wheel and jack set tonight online, which will give me some piece of mine now I'm running non Runflats tyres.

All in all, not a bad weekend!

Replaced my parking sensors 6 in total all good now no dreaded BONG when I start car :smile:

Started to get this intermittently, so I'll need to try and suss out which sensor(s) is causing the problem.

Otherwise, coded the folding mirrors to the fob, and the audible chirp on locking.

Every little helps ... :razz:

Washed and hoovered on Saturday, polished windows and washed rubber mats!

Today changed HID's 6000k bulbs to 5000k - I hope it will increase the light brightness/quality! :)

In overall a good weekend!

Just there's a massive thread on there. There isn't a great deal of activity on this subforum though so nice to see new threads I look daily to see if I can contribute

j2112 likes this

Researched into coilovers all yesterday and today - asked for opinions but no one responding!

Gonna place an order tomorrow, got a 100 quid off a good branded set :D

Next up will be camber and caster arms - guessing it's lower control arms?

Researched into coilovers all yesterday and today - asked for opinions but no one responding!

Know nothing about coilovers (or suspension stuff really) so look forward to seeing how you get on :)

Awh Shazzy :|

What set have you gone for? :)

AP coilovers. It's about 560 plus postage for a set but i'm getting for 440 all in. The sales guy made a mistake and as a one off is letting me have it at that price, win! Hence why i'm ordering asap and the work will be done later (hoping before the meet!)

P.s good thread James! Been thinking of creating one for ages after seeing other 5er sections have it

Edited by Mr. Shaz H

Accessed my diversity antennae and squirted it with WD40.

Magically, the range for the key fob increased by about 6 inches so I still have to be right next to the boot to lock/unlock. :oops:

I cleaned my 19" spyder's ready to put them back on and then went to a few dealers as looking to get something newer. 

So not really what I did to my E60, but more like what I plan to do to my E60.

I cleaned my 19" spyder's ready to put them back on and then went to a few dealers as looking to get something newer.

Your replacing the E60 or do you mean new wheels? Lol

I cleaned my 19" spyder's ready to put them back on and then went to a few dealers as looking to do

Sell me your spiders ??

Edited by marko530d