problemchild

E60 HID Fitting Guide

Mechanically secured my ballast to the middle of the crossmember and drilled a 14mm hole in the base of the cluster. You cant see any of it once fitted

20160319_150800.jpg

20160319_150832.jpg

image.thumb.png.25b4247bf1718ca6709988b6

Will ^ that hole in the base of the cluster remain like that or will you use something to make that moisture tight ? Guaranteed headlight condensation if it is left that way. Circular rubber grommet which comes with all hid kits provides a perfect snug fit on a 21mm hole drilled into the headlight cover. 

Thanks Problemchild!

Fitted these at the weekend, unfortunately split the gromit which looks like it might be a PITA to repair, going to try a bicycle puncture repair glue and patch if the glue isn't enough, lights look spot on now although the halo's now look pants so need a cost effective plan to make then a bit close in colour!

Anthony

Hi - no probs

The grommit isn't an IP rated solution - just an attempt at stopping dust/damp in.

if yours is split I wouldn't worry too much - just make the best seal you can and if still worried stick some duck tape or bathroom sealant there :)

good luck

JJ

If anything there will be less condensation because the light will breather far more this way

Edited by kjb1

Hi Guys,

After reading here, i rang up Hid-Direct and told them what car, model, year i had and the guy on the phone adviced me that i should buy H7 35w Slim Canbus Terminator HID Kit Xenon Conversation Kit.  http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/h7-35w-slim-canbus-terminator-hid-xenon-conversion-kit/

I received it today and upon trying to see if works or not. Disappointed to say the bulb didnt come On, i also tried switching the cables around but still no luck. Is there any reason for this with Terminator Kit? Shall i send it back?

I have 2008 520d LCI model.

4 hours ago, andy-e60 said:

Short answer - send it back !

Thank you for pointing out the correct path @andy-e60 much appreciated. After reading the forum it looks like the HID kit is going to go back for straight refund.

Thanks once again :)

Has anyone tried fitting a D2S bulb yet? There's D2S to H7 adapters on eBay but not sure how it'll turn out I wanted to use Osram Xenarc night breaker unlimited xenon bulbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk