marko530d

rear lci lights on pre-lci

Hello guys changing my pre-lci rear lights to lci have the lights but what else do I need my cars a 530d 2005 218bhp and easyist most cost effective way as I dont have a clue thanks in advance

Edited by marko530d

Yes that's the plug and play route if you don't wanr to code and install LM2. Check out and Google the 'Ricky Effect' before you pull the trigger on the Bruce cables as there are different options/versions.

two alternatives if you can code:

part 61120432110 for £26 (oem retrofit cables) and wire the led rod supply to one of the other pins, and code LM1 to stop errors/strobing

or

use same cables but replace LM1 with LM2 (still needs coding), led rods can be powered directly from the LM2 then, with the added benefit of welcome lights so you can actually see those sexy rods for once! 

Ooooo Sept 06. That's a close one, because what does "after 09/06" mean? Not sure if it includes sept or not.

Regardless you still need a little bit coding since the new lights has Led indicators so the coding is different. If you do have the Lm2 it might be possible to code the Ricky effect, something I still need to experiment with B)

Edited by baus