RJS

What have you done in your e12 Today, or yesterday, maybe last week.. month?

The plastic guides and metal springs sit inside the square sections of the metal plate. They have a shape that matches the cutout on the metal plate to help locate them. The plate then screws into the back of the seat with 10mm self tapping screws so the the open side of the square sections which house the guides is against the seat back so thy can't come out. Then I drilled a hole in the carpet of the parcel shelf. The metal holes were already there as were the holes in the seat backs.

Edited by Joss

Busy day today.

Fresh MOT

New sump gasket and bolts fitted to stop oil leak that appeared about a week ago.

Oil change

Fitted some better boot trim panels (I'll keep the originals just in case)

Fitted new ignition switch as starting was getting worse/almost not starting at all!

Fitted genuine brake light switch as the non genuine didnt fit correctly.

Fitted missing springs inside 2 door cards and replaced several broken door card clips.

Did you buy the pre cut stuff from BMW? I had a proper tool but it wasn't big enough so ended up using a screwdriver. Takes about an hour :)

525 1980 but was last on the road in 1987 owner the got a company car so put it away in his garage. He passed away last year and I picked it up from his widow yesterday. (I suppose it's like a barn find) hopefully won't need too much mechanically and the underside is very solid but the wings and front panel are a bit rusty so will probably need to go.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Got a set of 14" 528 alpina style alloys for it if your're interested.

Just fitted 2 new Michelin 205-45-16's pilot sport 3's to the car and swapped the old cheapy fronts to the rear. Ended up going with the same stretch as I've got used to it now. A bit more sideways action should see the end of those God awful tyres that came with the BBs's

Edited by Joss

Tempting! Where are you and what are you looking for them? Picture? If you're close and the price was right I might go for them but otherwise the parts list is growing so quick new wheels are a fair bit down near the bottom!

I'm based in Poole mate. I'll post you some pictures tomorrow and if you're interested we'll talk some numbers. All the wheels have good matching tyres although they aren't anything special.

Ah well now - I'm between Dundee and Aberdeen! Think the postage might be a bit hefty!

Ok no problem. I can get a quote if you want? And sort out pics.

Ordered new stat (thanks JA)

Ordered N/S window weather shields.

Picked up power steering pump refurb kit. (Should be doing this at the weekend) for the spare pump I picked up read to fit to the car.

Ordered the rear scuttle panel on Wednesday. It's time to attack the rust!!!

Sounds good. Where you buying body parts from? I still need some lower rear arch sections.

Only done one thing to mine lately = SORN.

direct from BMW. £35 is so a no brainer really. It's in so will pick it up tomorrow and let you know how it looks

UGO 443W arrived on Monday 19/10/15, purchased back in may. In the last 4 evenings since it arrived I have stripped out the following ready to prepare & paint/clean:

• Front grills.
  • Headlights.
  • Headlight carriers.
  • Headlight wiper motors (Wiper arms are missing)
  • Ignition coil.
  • Ignition module.
  • Airbox.
  • Airflow meter.
  • Washer bottle.

The fuel tank was already out of the car in preparation for some welding, exhaust is off, propshaft off, rear bumper off. 

I have also cleaned and rubbed down the o/s of the engine bay. Loads & loads to do. This E12 is surprisingly unmolested, apart from the headlight wiper arms missing pretty much everything is in tact and where it should be including the aircon.