Number5

Locking without the Alarm on ?

Sorry if I'm being lazy, (or thick!),  but does anyone know how to disable the internal alarm when locking the car ?

I've got an F11 and occasionally need to leave pooch in the back while I nip in a shop. Luckily I dont think anyone will put their hand in a vented window, for fear of losing it, but i dont want to keep on leaving it unlocked ! 

ff7fea34-864b-487d-8e01-868066e256a8_zps

Thanks for the suggestion chaps, but I dont have a 'key' that inserts  just a fob, as the car has keyless entry and no ignition slot.  

- The Fob just stays in your pocket when starting the car with the button.

Eh? They've all got keys, haven't they?

Have you tried pressing the button on the fob to release the metal key and using that?

That aside, I thought a double-press of the lock button disabled the alarm?

In my old Polo years back there was a system of multiple button presses. It was like one push locked the car, 2 pushes locked it but disabled the deadlocks and 3 pushes disabled the interior alarm sensors. I think the BMW has stuff that happens with repeated pushes but I couldn't tell you what offhand.

Have you tried pressing the button on the fob to release the metal key and using that?

That aside, I thought a double-press of the lock button disabled the alarm?

I know there is a plastic key inside the fob if you take it apart but surely you dont need to do that every time.

I thought someone would simply know !

They must be going down-market, my small key is metal.

Anyway, double-press lock (as I said above).

Someone once posted a more complex (and unnecessary?) procedure:

- Get out of the car
- Press the UNLOCK button TWICE which OPENS ALL THE DOORS
- Then press the round button slowly, TWICE, holding the button in the second time until you see the RED lamp PAUSE and then blink steadily.
Note: If when you press the button twice the lamp does NOT PAUSE on the second red, the doors have NOT all been opened. So repeat the procedure.

Its something like lock the car as normal then press lock button again, can't remember exactly but it is in the handbook, had to find it when I had car on ferry and came back to a low battery warning because alarm had been going off for most of the crossing.

Yeah it's press to lock then within 10 seconds press to deactivate motion\tilt sensors, you can also do it by locking the drivers door with the integral metal key in the fob.

What about lock the car,unlock the car but not open any doors. After 30 seconds it will re-lock and not alarm I think. Also if you lock with the BMW App on the iPhone it doesn't set the alarm. I myself have tried to disarm the tilt sensor on a ferry via the pressing the lock button with no joy.

Thanks Guys,  I'll try these suggestions.

I've got the BMW Remote App but all commands are hit & miss as to whether they are successful or not , and if they do work they seem to take a few minutes, rather than seconds.

Edited by Number5

What about lock the car,unlock the car but not open any doors. After 30 seconds it will re-lock and not alarm I think. Also if you lock with the BMW App on the iPhone it doesn't set the alarm. I myself have tried to disarm the tilt sensor on a ferry via the pressing the lock button with no joy.

I tried that on an overnight ferry, no joy and a low battery warning at disembark.