bluewhite

Eibach Sportline Springs 45/40mm for BMW F10

38 posts in this topic

I always use Eibach springs but with the 30/30mm Pro Kit I could not see any differences to the M springs lowering.  The company at which I work and some guys from the BMW F10/F11 club asked Eibach to develop + produce  45/40mm Sportline spring kits suitable for the standard original BMW dampers with a perfect comfortable -ride Eibach set up. Here are the results :mrgreen:

post-53770-0-14569000-1413036650.jpg

post-53770-0-52613400-1413036739.jpg

That drop looks really good.

Do you have any pictures of a F10 with the 30mm Eibach springs? I am considering purchasing them for my car fitted with the M Sport suspension however I am concerned there will be no noticeable difference.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Craig

@craig p

I don´t have a picture of the 30/30 Prokit but at two f10 which had the M suspension originally and with the  Eibach 30/30  it was a bit higher as with the M springs !? Both switched after this experience to the Eibach 45/40 Sportlines. In the UK the company larkspeed is offering these Eibach F10 + F11 Sportline kits.

That's interesting. With the M Sport suspension being 10mm lower I was hopeful that the Pro Kit would give a subtle drop in the region of 20mm which would suit me. As much as I like the Sportline drop I think it's too low for me and always difficult to decide without seeing similar cars with before/after pictures.

At £124 the Pro Kit seems to be a bit of a bargain for Eibach's as long as it definitely gave a reasonable drop. http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?a=i&p=47E10200220420∂=BMW-5-Series-F10-520i-523i-528i-530i-518d-520d-Eibach-Pro-Kit-Lowering-Springs

Cheers, Craig

Its a pain that my F11 has rear air bags, You saloon boys have options, I have to put up with H&R springs and rear adjustable links....

The Eibach 45mm Sportline Spring Kit is also available for the F11 , which all have air bags at the rear. The Eibach F11 Sportline Kit conssists of two 45mm front sprins and the rear air bag levelling system will be programmed/ adjusted  by your BMW dealer. No further links or parts are necessary. Also this Eibach Sportline F11 kit is TÜV tested.

@GT STEVE

The Eibach sportline 45 mm also exist for the F11 ....198,- Euro.....http://eibach-sportline.de/eibach01_d.php?Hersteller=BMW#BMW5TouringF11

@roundy

You can find them at ebay and for example at this serious dealer whom I know very well for years ( no it is not me :D) and who has the permission to use the Eibach name at his homepage: www.eibach-sportline.de

http://eibach-sportline.de/eibach01_d.php?Hersteller=BMW#BMW5F10F18

Does anyone know the standard ride height for a f10 msport on 18 inch wheels?  I find the rear arch gap is OK but the fronts are HUGE!

618mm for 18" wheel measured from underside of front wheel arch at 12 o'cock to outer edge of wheel rim at 6 o'clock.

604mm for 18" wheel measured from underside of rear wheel arch at 12 o'cock to outer edge of wheel rim at 6 o'clock.

That's for low slung sport suspension.

Took a while to find it again!

bmwmike likes this

4 hours ago, bmwmike said:

Does anyone know the standard ride height for a f10 msport on 18 inch wheels?  I find the rear arch gap is OK but the fronts are HUGE!

This gives all of the ride heights in case anyone else needs the info for other rim sizes too.

F10 Ride Height - Front.pdf

F10 Ride Height - Rear.pdf

bmwmike likes this

Are speed bumps an issue with the 45mm installed and 19" wheels? I've not long come from a lowered civic and it started to bother me after a while. 

I had the Eibach 30/30 on 19" rims, didn't make that much different as everyone else has said. Switched to the 40/45 kit on 20's and now it sits just perfect imo.

photos are as follows:

19" Standard rims/height

19" 30/30

20" 30/30

20" 40/45

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

roundy likes this

@Oinkster

super photos !

Yes we had the same experience , with the Eibach 30/30 was more or less no difference to the M lowering. With the Eibach Sportline 45/40 it is perfect. Also the handling / setup is better as with a lot of 30mm springs of different brands.

Hmm I wish I had read this post prior to purchasing eibach pro kit springs, due to be installed in may. Let's how they look once installed.

G-Force likes this

Hmm I wish I had read this post prior to purchasing eibach pro kit springs, due to be installed in may. Let's how they look once installed.

Same as you big shot.

I ordered the 30/30 eibach kit last Wednesday, car is booked in for Friday for fitting .

Should be a better difference for tho as whilst I have an m sport I think it was specced with se springs. Back of car night looks ok but front looks as if the engine has been removed

Oinkster likes this

12 hours ago, G-Force said:

Same as you big shot.

I ordered the 30/30 eibach kit last Wednesday, car is booked in for Friday for fitting emoji30.png.

Should be a better difference for tho as whilst I have an m sport I think it was specced with se springs. Back of car night looks ok but front looks as if the engine has been removed emoji12.png

Hey mine looks similar too but it left factory with msport suspension.  Can you do me a favour and measure the ride height on front pls?  From bottom of rim to underside of arch..

I'm not so bothered about the ride height, I live in London and there are speed bumps everywhere, I've had eibach springs on most of my cars, why I fit them is for the progressive spring and the overall performance gains in grip around corners these springs provide. Reading many forums the US folk love ACS springs, also made by eibach but they have even less of a drop. Most people rave about them due to the performance they provide. Even on msport suspension you will notice the difference in improved ride once these springs are installed, plus if they are the same ridge height as the msport spring you will probably not need a full alignment tracking.

I also switched to these Eibach 45 / 40 MM sportline springs and can confirm that the look is perfect and that they offer a better handling with enough comfort even for our horrible roads here...
Greetings from Berlin