sarahMtony

E60 Pre & Post LCI visual differences

I've been searching around the forum and cannot find a definitive way of visually telling a pre LCI from a post. Must be external and manual. I read the date (for 525d) was March 2007 but as this is the year I'm looking and cars can sit on forecourts I need a way of telling from exterior photos only. There's lots of talk about lights but looking at 2005 and 2008 I cannot see any difference! Please help!!

The lci door mirror and pillers have a gloss black finish which is probably the only noticeable visual difference apart from the LED rear lights.

The pre lci have a flat black finish.

Internal apart from the items listed above the biggest give away if you're just glancing are the front two headrest - they have an extra padded adjuster (not sure if it's just an m sport feature only)

post-48081-0-31483500-1410610310_thumb.j

When looking at ads I just looked out for the LCI gearknob. 

I think some of the 520d models kept the M47 for a little while longer before they got the N47, even after receiving the LCI exterior changes. But the give away seems to be the gearknob. 

I've read lots about LED rear lights being a tell tale but I'm buggered if I can see a difference! I will now attempt to post photos of what I believe must be true pre and post and see if you can help me spot the difference!! Cheers for all the advice, brilliant as usual guys.

48b5b0a94bba2aa35c0814e70a5316cc.jpg

Pre

d0e91722097edc1b307638133eee0b16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First pic - yes LCI rear lights (but probably fit by the owner as the reg is too early for a true LCI car). 

Second pic - hard to tell, but from the reg its unlikely to be anything other than an LCI.

Best way to tell an LCI when illuminated are from the LED strips - 

v611_brake.jpg

When they are not illuminated the 4 red LEDs still are (if I'm not mistaken). At worst, you will see the 4 cutouts even if they aren't illuminated - 

e60m5lcilights4.jpg

Edited by tej