DUFFY

Any body running Eibach pro kit springs?

I'm contemplating dropping the e60 a tad and I used the pro kit springs on my previous M3.

The drop was just right at just around 25 mm and the ride was almost the same as oem (m3s are hard anyway) I don't want it too low or too hard, has anybody used other brands of spring to success?

have looked into this...

wanting to try it..but cant justify the costs or the springs, fitting and alignment..and to find its a very small drop..

the mport springs are lower then the normal se springs, so the drop will be very small...from ht i was told when i looked into this last year. 

From my experience, which granted may prove utter P.sh

The eibach drops refer to standard SE suspension, the pro kit drops to m sport height, the sportline kit offers better drop if suspension is already "m sport"

The spring rate I found good and almost progressive (I fitted the pro kit to SE complete m sport struts)

For comparison in ride height I compared scientifically with tape measure against bumpers sills both front and back.

I then measured an SE and m sport to get my findings!

The H&R is said to be the better springs with more aggressive drops

Ah shoot, knew I forgot to update my thread.

Yes Neil, I have just recently swapped my m sport springs for a set of Eibach 30mm Pro Kits.

I must say the drop is spot on! Not too low, just perfect enough to tuck the front wheels in. one gripe though, the rears haven’t dropped much as the fronts, so not sure if its an eibach thing or I should give it time to settle in (it’s been a month).

The ride quality is a lot better and a lot softer than the oem sport springs, weird but I like it especially London b#stard pot holes!

Also the springs stiffen up when you cornering hard which is really nice as it reduces body role thanks to it’s progressive behaviour. Motorway driving is awesome, just feels so planted :D

So yeah overall, I am really happy with it and I’ll try find some pics

Cheers,

Shaz

The drop is minimal as the 30mm is based on the SE sprigs I believe. As the m sport springs are low by 15mm ish from the se, you get an initial drop of about 10mm (I think)

The front did drop, but not so much, just enough to stop making my alloys look tiny!

The drop is minimal as the 30mm is based on the SE sprigs I believe. As the m sport springs are low by 15mm ish from the se, you get an initial drop of about 10mm (I think)

The front did drop, but not so much, just enough to stop making my alloys look tiny!

I rang M style today and they told me they haven't had success with e60s on Eibach pro kits because the front drops but the back doesn't bizarrely. They then told me that the H&R kits are a lot more consistent in that it's 35mm all round based on SE spec so I should see 25mm on M sport suspension, he really didn't want me to buy the Eibachs even though I had bought some from him previously for an E46 M3. So I might be going for H&R springs.

Can you post a side veiw of your car Shaz for me to get an idea of levels please?

My originals probably sag that much now so the Eibachs may not look any different at all. Will have to look into it some more. It's not happening this year though.

Dont have proper shots of my car Neil, this all i could find, left the car at work - i'll try and get some shots soon.

post-48081-0-83360800-1408561008_thumb.jpost-48081-0-69269600-1408561111_thumb.jpost-48081-0-47279800-1408561273_thumb.j

The back is higher - the boot was full when i took those pics haha

My originals probably sag that much now so the Eibachs may not look any different at all. Will have to look into it some more. It's not happening this year though.

What you planning to do Red? Change them for oem or different?

Looks OK in those pics Shaz and loving the 19 parallels, they'd look sooooooo cool with gloss black centre's and polished rims.

I rang M style today and they told me they haven't had success with e60s on Eibach pro kits because the front drops but the back doesn't bizarrely. They then told me that the H&R kits are a lot more consistent in that it's 35mm all round based on SE spec so I should see 25mm on M sport suspension, he really didn't want me to buy the Eibachs even though I had bought some from him previously for an E46 M3. So I might be going for H&R springs.

Can you post a side veiw of your car Shaz for me to get an idea of levels please?

I was considering H&R too, but was not sure if the drop be too low for my roads, plus reviews said the eibachs were softer which appealed to me. The back isn't what i hoped for but im optimistic overtime it will slowly bed in...

Looks OK in those pics Shaz and loving the 19 parallels, they'd look sooooooo cool with gloss black centre's and polished rims.

Cheers Neil. Such a shame they don't look bigger - drawbacks of having dishes i guess

Will post proper side shots

What you planning to do Red? Change them for oem or different?

I wouldn't mind OEM, but not willing to pay more than what Eibachs go for. I will have to see if there are any aftermarket offerings that keep the standard Sport ride height.

I know I don't want it any lower or firmer.

if you want to lower your car properly and are paying someone to install springs then isn't it worth investing in a bilstein coilover kit?

at least you have rebound and damping rates to match the springs and you can adjust the ride height to be perfect (front and rear)

JJ

I was considering H&R too, but was not sure if the drop be too low for my roads, plus reviews said the eibachs were softer which appealed to me. The back isn't what i hoped for but im optimistic overtime it will slowly bed in...

What reviews?

I wouldn't like to know how much a Bilstein coil over kit costs. :shock:

From my E46 days, many of the coilover kits for that model were still quite low even when at maximum height. I wouldn't be happy about that at all.

coilover kits range from  £500 to £1000 (obviously the high end is big money)

but the eibach kit is around £250

so why pay labour for springs when you could fit a coilover kit for a few hundred squid more.

my bilsteins on the BRAB went from 0 drop to lots.

JJ

Erm, Bilsteins for the E60 are NOT cheap! lol

I have receipts from the previous owner for the PSS10 B16's that are on mine, and they cost him £1995 installed. £300 of that was labour so thats £1700 for the coil overs!!!!

They do drop the car nicely though, if I do say so myself.

post-52741-0-17905800-1408602810_thumb.j

Edited by Wabby

It does look good, but the suspension noises that you are plagued with is a bit off putting.

Actually, that's a lie. The £1700 price tag meant it was never going to happen. :)

The problem has been solved now. Took for a second opinion and they confirmed 100% the infamous rose bush. Both sides getting swapped with genuine parts.

So first mechanic was very wrong. Lol

Lesson learned - always get a second opinion; and trust my first instincts after research.

Edited by Wabby

You don't need the b16s though as they are total overkill for the road really - only the b14 kit.

You can get decent branded coilover kits though for the E60 for closer to £500.

So eibach spring and fitting £550

Or

Coilovers and fitting £800

Not much in it if you ask me :)

JJ