G3GSB

V5 log book vehicle details

Hi all just a quick question. Picking up the my 535d tomorrow yippee and upon doing a few checks I've noticed that the vehicle info is showing 535D SPORT AUTO.

I have asked the seller and he said that's what's on the V5. Now I'm not concerned but shouldn't it say M Sport? I'm sure my old 2006 530d m sport had that on the log book.

Can anyone else confirm that's what's on there V5?

Ta G3

They could all be different. It's whatever the dealer decided to put when they registered the car for the first owner. This has been a bone of contention in the e30 world for years. People worried about cars not being proper sports just because it doesn't have the word sport on the V5. Most were registered as just a 325i.

Neither of my e39's had the word sport on the V5, in fact one only had BMW and the model was blank!

The only way to tell for 100% surety is to take the last 7 digits to a dealer and ask them what it comes up as.

Looking at my service history booklet yesterday when I picked the car up it actually says BMW 535d SE A Sport what's that all about??

Just something to add, I done a full spec check with BMW website over the weekend and that said 525d M sport

Looking at my service history booklet yesterday when I picked the car up it actually says BMW 535d SE A Sport what's that all about??

Are you sure that book goes with the car? Or was the original dealer smoking the wrong (or right whichever way you swing) type of fags when he wrote the book out?