stbaz

ALPINA B2.8 ..... bringing it back to scratch

hi guys..... im new on here . not new to bmws however . after much research online into the pro's and con's of this car it now lives with me in north east scotland ........ some may be glad to see its still looking good now......
its here after a 1000 miles round trip yesterday to collect it ........ by far the most enjoyable drive back up the road in a car yet!!! the car drives like a new car and i absolutly love it ......... here it is after a good clean today

spacer.gifa5_zps88655811.jpg

spacer.gifa8_zps52c534ad.jpg

spacer.gifa6_zpsa9d9ad98.jpg

spacer.gifa7_zpscc0b321b.jpg

spacer.gifa9_zpsbcabf621.jpg

spacer.gifa3_zps053b44d4.jpg

spacer.gifa2_zps22cae478.jpg

spacer.gifa4_zpsb2096e43.jpg

spacer.gif

a1_zps9d66e647.jpg

i have some plans for the car already.........

first little list of things that i will be doing are .......

having the stripes remade ...the kit fitted has been fitted well enough however its all in bits with many many joins which to be honest just annoys me so i will be having them done without joints.

front spoiler to be repaired and painted

its got the good old broken stud on number six exhaust port....... while fixing this i will be fitting a 6 branch and full stainless system

the rear bumper chrome is damaged .... already sourced a brand new one

electric rear window blind isnt working..... will be seeing to that

the bilstein rear shockers are looking tired so will be replaceing them also

there will be much more aswell along the way but i will update as i go....... thanks for your time to read this

baz

Very retro cool, but I am drawn to the 190e 16v ! I used to own a smoke silver then a blue black one with a few tweaks, but the E28 is looking really special!

can anyone advise on the stripes ?? from top to bottom coming down the height of the you can see the stripes are ordered

green

blue

blue

green

are the front spoiler ones not suppose to be in order same as the main car stripes ? also the "alpina" wording decal is darker blue that the stripes where as the stripe kit on my 2002 it is the same colour of blue.

any advice on this ??

thanks guys

todays update......

decided with the original alpina rims being so rare and worth a bit of money it was a good idea to take them off and get them into storage. sounds silly but this is no show bitch and is used as a daily. the last thing i want to do it kerb / buckle them.

so there gone and will be stored to keep them minty fresh. however obviously it would be crazy to take alpina rims off it and put something non oem in there place so ive stuck on some later style alpinas which are 8.52 front and 9.5" rear. they currently have 235 and 255 tyres which look a touch big so have ordered 225 45 for front and 235 40 for the rear.

also ordered a pair of bilstein b8 rear shockers which are whats currently fitted however the ones fitted are tired and one of the spring seats is pretty goosed.

pics.....

B5D9E264-540D-4D58-B923-83E7F69637D3_zps

7B48161B-F936-4548-BA99-A84BCA057A9E_zps

C854EB2A-420C-44D7-9D54-746E23C6F153_zps

baz

From the pictures looks like those tyres fill the arches nice

they do but the rears just catch and no more when cornering but im not away to start hurting body work so a slightly narrower tyre over rules arch rolling etc

Very envious and jealous. Also looking at your other thread makes me more jealous. What cosworth have you got? I used to have a 2.3 and it was a very fun nippy car to be in

sent from Crapatalk

Very envious and jealous. Also looking at your other thread makes me more jealous. What cosworth have you got? I used to have a 2.3 and it was a very fun nippy car to be in

sent from Crapatalk

mine is also the 2.3

i wouldnt say its a quick car however its a 1987 so when you think i was 5 years old when it was new makes me realise it was quite a motor in its day.... it still goes well if your up at 60 / 70 mph and ask for some more power . its just a lovely old car to drive to be honest. its totally out of the normal for me as everyone keeps reminding me but i enjoy it if im honest......

changed the grill today for a standard one so it now looks a nit better ......

9A950330-EB52-4D64-9F8A-72F636B32DC4_zps

cheers

mine is also the 2.3

i wouldnt say its a quick car however its a 1987 so when you think i was 5 years old when it was new makes me realise it was quite a motor in its day.... it still goes well if your up at 60 / 70 mph and ask for some more power . its just a lovely old car to drive to be honest. its totally out of the normal for me as everyone keeps reminding me but i enjoy it if im honest......

changed the grill today for a standard one so it now looks a nit better ......

9A950330-EB52-4D64-9F8A-72F636B32DC4_zps

cheers

Standard grill looks much better. No not fast, but because its daily light I thought it was nice to drive. My dad's got a 190e. Every time I take his for a drive I get the itch to get another (I've had 8 in the past!!!)

sent from Crapatalk

i got this one as a part ex on my audi rs4 avany which i sold to buy the alpina.... i was just going to flip the merc for a quick resale but i just love the day to day driving of it too much. plus its a fairly decent example for what it is so just hanging on to it

Absolutely lovely car and good look with making it perfect but 225 is the absolute minimum for the 8.5" fronts and 235 is below the 245 minimum for the 9.5" rears; are you deliberately going for the 'stretched' look?

A very minor tyre stretch if any doesn't worry me ..... Not compaired to the stretch we see on a daily basis with some of the stuff we get in.

Www.facebook.com/BarryYacominiCarServices

todays update......

decided with the original alpina rims being so rare and worth a bit of money it was a good idea to take them off and get them into storage. sounds silly but this is no show bitch and is used as a daily. the last thing i want to do it kerb / buckle them.

so there gone and will be stored to keep them minty fresh. however obviously it would be crazy to take alpina rims off it and put something non oem in there place so ive stuck on some later style alpinas which are 8.52 front and 9.5" rear. they currently have 235 and 255 tyres which look a touch big so have ordered 225 45 for front and 235 40 for the rear.

baz

You'll be in danger of kerbing or buckling the 17" Alpina rims as the 235 tyres are narrower than the 9.5" rim.

Edited by sharkfan

I know what your saying but the 17 are a £300 quid set of wheels .... Well that's what they cost me and I rather knacker up a set of wheels I can easily replace for less money that the old style ones

can anyone advise on the stripes ?? from top to bottom coming down the height of the you can see the stripes are ordered

green

blue

blue

green

are the front spoiler ones not suppose to be in order same as the main car stripes ? also the "alpina" wording decal is darker blue that the stripes where as the stripe kit on my 2002 it is the same colour of blue.

any advice on this ??

thanks guys

The stripes in OP pics are correct, I questioned this when I done my car.

post-28466-0-51730900-1406839738_thumb.j

little update on this........

current purchase list upto now

new front wheel bearing (found damaged threads when changing wheels)

new set of tyres

new set of h&r springs

new pair of bilstein rear shockers

new rear bumper corners

new rear bumper centre

new rear bumper rubber

also.... now have two broken manifold studs which is a bummer so will be looking at this job sooner than later now

pics soon