Guest ceasedtrading

Introducing the Andrive 3! (AN39-3)

Guest ceasedtrading

I need me one of these bad boys :D

What details from me do you need?

Give us a ring or pm me and we can send paypal invoice or take credit / debit card over the phone!

Just a few wee things stopping me at present.

The screen looks quite reflective, where as the MKIV is matt with no reflection.

The uncertainty over the Intravee continued functions (not music obviously)

The uncertainty or loss of voice control / voice dialling, as voice dialling is important to me.

Only other thing would be returning it if I couldnt get on with it as it becomes available the day after I begin a 2-3 week stint away fron home, so I probably wouldnt have the satutory time with it.

Dont mean to be negative as there are far more positives

Hi Phil

I have sent you a pm for the preorder of AN39-3 ... I'm very interested... :D

regards

Guest ceasedtrading

Just a few wee things stopping me at present.

The screen looks quite reflective, where as the MKIV is matt with no reflection.

The uncertainty over the Intravee continued functions (not music obviously)

The uncertainty or loss of voice control / voice dialling, as voice dialling is important to me.

Only other thing would be returning it if I couldnt get on with it as it becomes available the day after I begin a 2-3 week stint away fron home, so I probably wouldnt have the satutory time with it.

Dont mean to be negative as there are far more positives

Obviously you can get a matte screen protector in lots of places but you just won't find a touch screen will ever be as matte/ non reflective as a non touch screen. I would point out that this is masked by the brightness of the screen compared to the g2.

I can't see why the non music functions of the intravee would be affected at all.

Voice control is being considered with Android assistant and may become available via update

Guest ceasedtrading

How much extra?

It's the same DAB+ unit with video output that we se with the G2 so £129 plus whichever antenna you wish to use.

Obviously you can get a matte screen protector in lots of places but you just won't find a touch screen will ever be as matte/ non reflective as a non touch screen. I would point out that this is masked by the brightness of the screen compared to the g2.

I can't see why the non music functions of the intravee would be affected at all.

Voice control is being considered with Android assistant and may become available via update

I hear you Phil, I think I would definitely have tried this if it wasn't for me going away on the 11th. 

I also believe the hidden functions of the Intravee could remain, as you are right in that it uses ibus, so I would only lose the music player, and the on screen info which I could live with, of course the music player would be no problem at all!

For the phone, I know the OE HU downloads the phone book, but the bluetooth ULF can also store around 20 names and numbers for voice dialling, this is what I was meaning, and may still remain I would hope, voice dialling can't be done from the OE HU phonebook. 

Only other thing is I would lose the OBC, but could I still view it in high OBC? MPG etc.

Guest ceasedtrading

Yes indeed! a parking camera is available.

Rich I have sent over a paypal invoice as per your PM! 

:)

Guest ceasedtrading

it has its own auto display, but you could connect to aux if you wanted!

Anybody?

As far as i understand, if its the same as the Andrive 2, nav equipped vehicles need a 5 metre fakra cable (andrive can supply) then that runs from the back to the front and to the back of the unit.

Dan

Guest ceasedtrading

Not exactly plug n play then?

Plug and play just means you don't need to fettle with any wires, even with the Fakra cable its still plug and play.

Exactly this. It is COMPLETELY plug and play.

All cables are provided for regular plug in install. If your car has, or had OEM Nav, you'll need the 5 meter Fakra extension, but it still just plugs in both ends.

Dear all, asked this already but didn't get a response - would this or the earlier mk2 unit fit an e38 740i that already has wide screen display up front? Thinking the aperture in the dash looks similar but wanted to check nontheless?

Guest ceasedtrading

Dear all, asked this already but didn't get a response - would this or the earlier mk2 unit fit an e38 740i that already has wide screen display up front? Thinking the aperture in the dash looks similar but wanted to check nontheless?

Unfortunately not Kayble, as there is a massive adrift on the e38 behind the stereo. We've tried.. :(

Edited by Andrive