Guest ceasedtrading

Introducing the Andrive 3! (AN39-3)

This has my interest, a few questions if you please!  :)

1. How is the sound quality compared with the MKIV Nav unit?

2. Would I need to utilise any connections such as the cd player in the boot? (currently have Intravee connected in place of the cd player and would like to retain Intravee features)

3. Will this allow continued use of the Intravee, not for music perhaps but can I still use the other Intravee features, such as DRL, mirror folding, blink count etc. Would this interfere with it in any way?

4. Can music be streamed via Bluetooth, can I connect my iphone or ipod to this for charging it and playing music from it, and control it all via the HU?

5. Can I still retain my voice dialling from the car's own phonebook etc?

6. Is the sat nav any good? Speed cameras, postode search, updates etc?

7. Is installation fairly easy?

Thanks

Ally

Good questions. I too would like to know if it would 'talk' to the intravee and allow adjustment of its settings; seeing that it's CANbus compatible this might be possible.

Guest ceasedtrading

1. How is the sound quality compared with the MKIV Nav unit?

Far superior. 4x50w RMS. All the IC's are modern therefore far superior to the mkIV

2. Would I need to utilise any connections such as the cd player in the boot? (currently have Intravee connected in place of the cd player and would like to retain Intravee features)

You wouldn't need the connector. However I'm not sure on the intravee. I presume it's been designed to work directly with the OEM system which you would be removing.

3. Will this allow continued use of the Intravee, not for music perhaps but can I still use the other Intravee features, such as DRL, mirror folding, blink count etc. Would this interfere with it in any way?

Obviously the intravee music would be pretty redundant with this unit. I should think the other features would work though. I'm not amazingly familiar with the intravee so I'm not 100% sure.

4. Can music be streamed via Bluetooth, can I connect my iphone or ipod to this for charging it and playing music from it, and control it all via the HU?

Yes and yes. Having said that you don't need to as you can run 128gb of sd cards full of music, not to mention spotify etc!

5. Can I still retain my voice dialling from the car's own phonebook etc?

No it would replace it altogether. It will sync your phone's phone book though

6. Is the sat nav any good? Speed cameras, postode search, updates etc?

Sat nav is whichever app you choose to use. It's entirely up to you.

Currently I use copilot and it has speed cameras , traffic, google search postcode search you name it. You don't need internet to run it but if you tether up to your phone you get lots lots more features!

7. Is installation fairly easy?

Yes. Plug and play.

Edited by Andrive
extra info

Guest ceasedtrading

Good questions. I too would like to know if it would 'talk' to the intravee and allow adjustment of its settings; seeing that it's CANbus compatible this might be possible.

Unfortunately pin out and canbus is different. Obviously you could rewire the dash end if you were so inclined as the cars pin out is obviously the same. Just don't get it wrong!

Guest ceasedtrading

I'm pretty sure the intravee uses the I-bus not the canbus!

Potentially silly question given this is an e39 forum - but I also have an e38 740i which has widescreeen monitor up front with mk2 Nav & DSP. Would this unit drop in to such a car?

Although I haven't got a replacement e39...YET, Hoping to replace my trusty little 206 early 2015 when my work bonus pays up so i'm already creating a shopping list :P

My questions are:

1. Watching the videos it looks very much like the NavAll unit front end/GUI now and not a tablet, Is this changeable? Or is this just the "radio" front end and I can press an "android" button to get to the Tablet side of it?
  2. Can the android side be Rooted for extra android features, apps etc
  3. Can it support USB Hubs for multiple devices?
  4. Does it support USB hard drives or is there a limit on size (say a 500gb one full of music and movies?) and what USB does it run? 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0
  5. Cameras? How many, if so can i have front and rear?
  6. If you have the 16:9 OEM Nav unit already, would you need extended cables to connect to the boot (may have been asked before, apologies if so)
  7. Boot up screen. Is the boot logo changeable?
  8. Ability to add extra sound system (Subwoofer etc) and roof mounted monitor? Can I add one and is it dual view (I can watch one thing, they can watch another)

Think thats about it so far...

Thanks

Jam

Hi Phil 

I am very interested in this new AN39-3 unit. Can get more technical information ?. Can use the FAKRA Cable 5m installed for the AN39-2 ? 

Please confirm that this is a full Android unit that can be upgraded ... 

I also want to know how can make the preorder and when the order is shipped 

best regards

Thanks for the answers Phil, as far as the voice dialling, can I do this with Andrive? Just wondering if I would need to as I am not sure if the Andrive would cut out the car ULF module?

Guest ceasedtrading

Hi Phil

I am very interested in this new AN39-3 unit. Can get more technical information ?. Can use the FAKRA Cable 5m installed for the AN39-2 ?

best regards

Hi you will need to either buy a new fakra or rewire the old one (carefully)

The unit is a single android system unit. All functions are android there is no win CE system at all. All aspects are upgradeable with update patches.

We are expecting the units around Aug 10th. Preorders finish 8th.

Guest ceasedtrading

Hi Phil

I am very interested in this new AN39-3 unit. Can get more technical information ?. Can use the FAKRA Cable 5m installed for the AN39-2 ?

best regards

Hi you will need to either buy a new fakra or rewire the old one (carefully)

The unit is a single android system unit. All functions are android there is no win CE system at all. All aspects are upgradeable with update patches.

We are expecting the units around Aug 10th. Preorders finish 8th.

Guest ceasedtrading

Phil, Will this just slot into the same hole as the Gen 2 system (same dimensions etc)? Also, are your X5 E53 units due on the 10th Aug as well?

Yes absolutely. The unit will fit directly in place of the gen 2.

Aug 10th is the approximate date they will be with us.

Does it facilitate expanding the internal memory for applications beyond the 4GB ish of free memory.

For example, say I wanted to store a few thousand spotify tracks natively and have a few gigs of natively stored maps.

Does this have DAB radio? Or would it be via internet? Interested as my mobile internet connection is lost in some areas I frequently travel to

Guest ceasedtrading

Does it facilitate expanding the internal memory for applications beyond the 4GB ish of free memory.

For example, say I wanted to store a few thousand spotify tracks natively and have a few gigs of natively stored maps.

Yes you can add up to 128gb !

Guest ceasedtrading

Does this have DAB radio? Or would it be via internet? Interested as my mobile internet connection is lost in some areas I frequently travel to

Dab is an optional extra!