Guest ceasedtrading

Introducing the Andrive 3! (AN39-3)

393 posts in this topic

Sandip, drop me a pm. we have the external mic input cables available here for you.

One for me too please, and recommendation for a mic. PM sent

The lead far left in attached picture is subwoofer and mic.  I believe this is the lead that didn't come with the unit on initial delivery.

I was told to switch from the cb radio to a normal telephone when I tried to call using the units mic haha.

I have not received this cable ... I have to claim Andrive? or should I wait ...?

post-53092-0-27339800-1412453934_zps07a3

My unit does not illuminate when the lights are on, and the screen does not dim, just lights up when I remove this setting. No flashing experienced as a couple of guys.

Is there any way to fix this? or is this another software bug?

Liking the BMW logo, is that just a pic from the web?

Hi guys,

I have not been able to change the logo? is possible a little help?

I think this unit works quite well, but I'd like some answers. I can wait if finally everything will be fine.

Edited by alsi

Hi alsi

First save pictures you want on the sd card.

Go to the pictures folder from the home screen, select a picture and set it as wallpaper.

Still cant figure out how to change the boot up screen though.

Hi ally

Thank you very much for responding.

I was referring to the boot logo screen, because there is a point configuration menu refers to the logo, but not how it works.

Alsi, to change the boot logo you have to go into car settings then factory settings type 123 ok then there is an option to change boot logo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alsi, to change the boot logo you have to go into car settings then factory settings type 123 ok then there is an option to change boot logo.

I've done it, but answers there is no logo...

I think we have to put the logo pic in folder I do not know where ...  :D

Edited by alsi

I am finding now the more I use this system and become more familiar with it, the more I think it is a very good unit. I just hope the bugs we are experiencing are resolved and then it would be a very strong unit I would recommend. What does everyone think now after having theirs for a bit?

alsi likes this

I'm quite sure, this is the unit I've been looking for. But I think we need to have some answers.

I know that nothing is perfect, but it is important to have the feeling of having a technical service that responds to our problems (although not everything is settled)

Edited by alsi

Same here, love the system the more I use it but, like others have already pointed out, there are software issues that are sometimes a little annoying.  However all that can be fixed.

Hardware wise, the built in microphone is almost useless so don't use it.  In one respect, that may be a good thing as you can be as minimal or flamboyant as you like.  Ideally any good 3.5mm omnidirectional microphone would be perfect (here is one option) but depends how picky you are.  I have a Bury car kit already installed so will use that mic soon as the converter plug arrives.  If its poo, will switch out.

Other than that, rest is good.

Oh in case you're wondering, this head unit improves the sound like crazy without yet having upgraded any of the standard speakers.  Will eventually do that too along with a subwoofer addition so looking forward to what the end result is like.

mintimperial likes this

I tried an external mic tonight and it was rubbish. Apparently it was crackerly and quiet. Not sure what next. I agree with the improved sound quality though. Much improved over my standard business unit.

Something needs sorting with the phone Bluetooth mic problem.

Edited by dobbor1

I tried an external mic tonight and it was rubbish. Apparently it was crackerly and quiet.

Was this the new one you bought?

Yes it was. Luckily it wasn't expensive. Similar to the one in your previous post. I am going to try it again today on the road as I tested it yesterday up my drive.

Hi all. Apologies for the slow posts. I have posted asking those with any support queries to email rather than expect us to support effectively on an open forum.

I am the only one who mans the forum and due to personal circumstances (namely a cancer diagnosis) I am not able to constantly come and read through all posts and pms every day.

I have received the pms from those asking for the external mic lead and sub out and they will be posted shortly.

We are looking into external mic solutons as we speak and also working on an update which will address some of the very minor niggles some have experienced.

At this stage we are looking to provide external mics for people who have ordered this far but we do have to go through the testing process first.

Obviously don't particularly want to air my own personal circumstances on the forum but it's important that you understand the situation with regards to supporting on an open forum or even pm.

It is always best to phone If possible.

Cheers

Phil

Hi All. Please please please just bear with us. We are addressing the software issues with an update which will come shortly. 

I have pleaded with you all to request support via email and telephone as i am in and out of hospital on a weekly basis meaning the forum will not always be being updated and/or read. i understand that some may regard cancer as an "excuse" but please believe me i would much rather be dealing with you lot than cancer.

Currently the issues we are aware of are as follows:

• Unable to link a ready installed app to the navigation button
  • Audio Front and Rear balance in reverse 
  • We are looking to supply everyone with external mics. During testing we didn't have any issue but we are willing to accept some have poor sound with the built in mic
  • Goes into reverse camera mode regardless of a camera being fitted
  • Brackets need some fettling to get a perfect fit.

I will now go and begin another thread to report bugs.

Please read the instructions on the thread and follow them. This way the information you provide can be used effectively without wading through pages and pages of stuff looking for the info that matters.

We are not aiming to ignore issues, we are looking at helping you guys get the best from your systems but posting long posts on the forum with the information we need somewhere in the middle does to help anyone. We don't believe there to be any MAJOR issues with the system as it stands.

Please refer to the bug report thread which i will post shortly. Any things we can resolve by a software update will obviously be resolved as we did with the Gen 2 Nothing as many have said. 

Edited by Andrive