Adam530d

Help me code auto folding mirrors

Hi all,

I'm new to coding and have read a few guides but still can't seem to code my folding mirrors to auto fold when i lock the car.

I believe the module is KGM but i can't find that module when i "choose ECU" in NCS expert.

Can anyone help please ?

I have a 2004 530d Touring

Cheers,
Adam

Are your door mirrors already electronically powered and software you using?

Reason i ask is because i wanted to code my mirrors leaning towards curb when reversing, but it wasn't working for some reason. My garage tried this though...maybe a proper coder can do it

Edited by Mr. Shaz H

Yes, they are already powered folding mirrors. I can fold them by pressing a button on the inside but would like them to fold when i lock the car.

I'm using NCS expert.

Ahh i see. I know BMwhat can work wonders like this. My mate done his 3series at another garage with auto logic.

Sure someone on here can help you fella

When I did mine I was looking under FRM or NFRM for either ASP_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP or SPIEGEL_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP. I can't remember if this was where I found it though. I have a vague recollection of not finding it and eventually working out that it's in the door modules as you say. Sorry, not much help really.

Are your door mirrors already electronically powered and software you using?

Reason i ask is because i wanted to code my mirrors leaning towards curb when reversing, but it wasn't working for some reason. My garage tried this though...maybe a proper coder can do it

I know this is a stupid answer as i am sure you already know this and have tried it but the NS mirror will only lower on reverse if the mirror adjustment switch is in the OS position. 

Yes, they are already powered folding mirrors. I can fold them by pressing a button on the inside but would like them to fold when i lock the car.

I'm using NCS expert.

Have you tried holding the lock button down? Its not a perfect solution but when you hold it all the windows should close and the mirrors should fold. Equally when you open the car the mirrors will then unfold.

NB if you hold the open button all the windows should open as well (useful in this weather).

I know this is a stupid answer as i am sure you already know this and have tried it but the NS mirror will only lower on reverse if the mirror adjustment switch is in the OS position. 

You make a fair point haha :lol: i'll give it a go - honestly never thought of that. The thing is, he could not code it, so wondering I could either have it or i might need to get someone else to code it

Well done Adam, was it easy enough to do in the end? I've power fold but not on unlocking/locking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Just hold the close button, should work as mentioned above.

Yeah, mine didn't fold/unfold when holding the lock/unlock button on the key either.

Had to code it in via NCS expert.

Took a while to read up about it but got there in the end. It's simple enough once you know how  ;-) The biggest delay for me was trying to find out what module to code. Everything i found said it was in the KGM module but because my car is a pre 09/2005, they didn't have KGM modules and the folding mirrors were part of the door modules (TMBT/TMFT). You have to code both of these modules to get it to work.

I used a different program to code mine, it literally was a case of ticking a box. Sorry I can't remember which one.. 

My only gripe is you do have to hold the button down, sometimes i lock my car with the sunroof tilted and holding the button long enough to fold the mirrors also semi closes the sunroof

Would anyone be kind enough to provide a step by step by step or help guide to achieving this. I have NCS but dont have the faintest idea where to start.

Would be willing to pay ££ for someones time to show me the ropes.

thanks in advance