All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. There is a school of thought that if you are to run one set of tyres only in the UK that you run winters all year round as the difference in performance is less marked that using summers through the cold months. Personally now I would go for Michellin Cross Climate tyres and not have the hassle of storing and changing wheels over twice a year
  3. Hi folks OK just carried out an intermediate oil/filter change. Had a bit of a a fail when pouring the new oil in though. Couldn't find my funnel and I ended up spilling some oil on the top of the cylinder head where the injectors are. Cleaned it up as best I could but just wanted to double check that'll not do any harm will it? I would have thought the injectors would be fully sealed to the outside world? Sorry for the basic question! I just worry about these things. I always do something wrong even doing the simplest tasks!
  4. Pair of 245 45 18 Continental ContiSportContact3 SSR 96Y runflats. 5.5 and 6mm tread on either tyre, even wear. In very good conditions, removed from my f10 last year. £80 collected (Chester), £100 posted. thanks,Dave
  5. The only issue is the majority not on winters, I came to this conclusion after forking out 800£ yes I have grip and they are better in the winter months like they do by law in certain parts of Europe, but the big but is I wouldn’t take my car out in the snow to get hit by the majority without winters so that’s my take on it now and won’t bother again. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Perfect thanks, payment made via Paypal Gift.
  7. Great engine, sounds even better with a decent exhaust and can soon be debadged
  8. Good Afternoon, Price is £52.37 delivered UK Mainland. All prices are inclusive of VAT and discount. Postage and Package is free on all order over £50 (UK Mainland) If you would like to order: And the order is £500 or less then please feel free to give our parts team a phone call on 01242 335365 and quote reference number 63086 to the advisor, or you can pay via PayPal as below. Alternatively if the payment is over £500.00: We do accept payment via PayPal. All that we ask is that you send payment as a gift to partscheltenham@cotswoldgroup.com, along with your name, delivery address, contact telephone number and reference number 63086. Or payment via BACS to sort code 20-07-71 and Account Number 40292230. Please also add your customer reference number in the notes section and then call or email us with your name, delivery address and contact details. Best Wishes
  9. Yes if you can get some at a good price then worth a go but if money needs to go elsewhere in your life then let it........ unless it snows [emoji1] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. This is where I beg to differ - they are better in the wet too when the temp is about 7 degrees or less - much better grip and stopping distances. The are for cold temps irrespective of whether there is snow. Cost wise you have to think that your summers will last twice as long as they are not being used for 5 or 6 months of the year - yes there is the initial outlay but it evens itself out eventually
  11. Just to remind you that Chris Knott's current UK Breakdown Cover offer comes to an end later this week. Use Promo Code FORUM5 (all CAPS) to receive £5 OFF our normal rates at https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/rescue or when you call us on 0800 917 2274. Remember, there are multi-car discounts and NO age of vehicle limits - so all your cars qualify for cover. Hurry though - this offer ends at midnight on 30/9. best, Nick Feedback about Chris Knott Breakdown Cover It's not particularly recent this testimonial (last October) but I think it expresses really well how we'd like all customers to feel about our service and the cover... "I have had this breakdown cover for a few years and have had to use it three times. Every time it has been handled with alacrity and professionalism. I would thoroughly recommend this cover for anyone thinking about it. The service provided far exceeds the cost and is inexpensive peace of mind." lyserman, Mercedes-Benz Owner forum
  12. Good Afternoon, Price is £117.01 All prices are inclusive of VAT and discount. Postage and Package is free on all order over £50 (UK Mainland) If you would like to order: And the order is £500 or less then please feel free to give our parts team a phone call on 01242 335365 and quote reference number 63083 to the advisor, or you can pay via PayPal as below. Alternatively if the payment is over £500.00: We do accept payment via PayPal. All that we ask is that you send payment as a gift to partscheltenham@cotswoldgroup.com, along with your name, delivery address, contact telephone number and reference number 63083. Or payment via BACS to sort code 20-07-71 and Account Number 40292230. Please also add your customer reference number in the notes section and then call or email us with your name, delivery address and contact details. Best Wishes
  13. I have ran Winter Tyres every Winter for both my RWD cars. I would never be without them. I run 20's for Summer (373's) and 17's on my 640D for Winter, the brake caliper space is hilarious in being so small, but they fit wonderfully. The other benefit is having such large profile tyres is less need to worry about potholes etc. as they absorb imperfections much better. Far from being just for Snow (fully spec Winter tyres with the mountain snow flake, not just M + S) they help in all conditions and give much better grip when cold. Steering is a little more slow and spongey and MPG is down a little with them. I think some people who have limited experience with them cannot appreciate the benefits when it is simply colder and more crappy. Another thing is choose an easy design wheel to clean.
  14. I've had then for past few years. As digidick says if we have snow great otherwise a lot of money. I was overtaking 4x4s when we had a couple of inches it was great fun. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Good Afternoon, Price is £21.70 including postage to UK MAINLAND All prices are inclusive of VAT and discount. Postage and Package is free on all order over £50 (UK Mainland) If you would like to order: And the order is £500 or less then please feel free to give our parts team a phone call on 01242 335365 and quote reference number 63072 to the advisor, or you can pay via PayPal as below. Alternatively if the payment is over £500.00: We do accept payment via PayPal. All that we ask is that you send payment as a gift to partscheltenham@cotswoldgroup.com, along with your name, delivery address, contact telephone number and reference number 63072. Or payment via BACS to sort code 20-07-71 and Account Number 40292230. Please also add your customer reference number in the notes section and then call or email us with your name, delivery address and contact details. Best Wishes
  16. Quote still current of £51.65 on quote reference 60499 All prices are inclusive of VAT and discount. Postage and Package is free on all order over £50 (UK Mainland) If you would like to order: And the order is £500 or less then please feel free to give our parts team a phone call on 01242 335365 and quote reference number 60499 to the advisor, or you can pay via PayPal as below. Alternatively if the payment is over £500.00: We do accept payment via PayPal. All that we ask is that you send payment as a gift to partscheltenham@cotswoldgroup.com, along with your name, delivery address, contact telephone number and reference number 60499. Or payment via BACS to sort code 20-07-71 and Account Number 40292230. Please also add your customer reference number in the notes section and then call or email us with your name, delivery address and contact details. Best Wishes
  17. Items left us Thursday, so should be with you today.
  18. Have responded to PM
  19. Good Morning, Are you going to also require the connection piece and rear pipes aswell? The below diagram may help. https://www.etkbmw.com/bmw/EN/search/selectCar/E39/Tou/BMW+530d/ECE/16_0510
  20. Only really worth it if we get snow and then they are amazing. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. Good Morning, Price is £204.56 All prices are inclusive of VAT and discount. Postage and Package is free on all order over £50 (UK Mainland) If you would like to order: And the order is £500 or less then please feel free to give our parts team a phone call on 01242 335365 and quote reference number 63058 to the advisor, or you can pay via PayPal as below. Alternatively if the payment is over £500.00: We do accept payment via PayPal. All that we ask is that you send payment as a gift to partscheltenham@cotswoldgroup.com, along with your name, delivery address, contact telephone number and reference number 63058. Or payment via BACS to sort code 20-07-71 and Account Number 40292230. Please also add your customer reference number in the notes section and then call or email us with your name, delivery address and contact details. Best Wishes
  22. Today
  23. Good Morning, Price is £16.31 including postage (UK MAINLAND) All prices are inclusive of VAT and discount. Postage and Package is free on all order over £50 (UK Mainland) If you would like to order: And the order is £500 or less then please feel free to give our parts team a phone call on 01242 335365 and quote reference number 63055 to the advisor, or you can pay via PayPal as below. Alternatively if the payment is over £500.00: We do accept payment via PayPal. All that we ask is that you send payment as a gift to partscheltenham@cotswoldgroup.com, along with your name, delivery address, contact telephone number and reference number 63055. Or payment via BACS to sort code 20-07-71 and Account Number 40292230. Please also add your customer reference number in the notes section and then call or email us with your name, delivery address and contact details. Best Wishes
  24. Well the speaker is there, with a short cable with a 2 pin socket...
  25. Good Morning, Price would be £209.68 and is a special order, non-returnable from Germany. Quote reference for this is 63048
  26. Good Morning, Price is £11.69 delivered (UK MAINLAND) All prices are inclusive of VAT and discount. If you would like to order: And the order is £500 or less then please feel free to give our parts team a phone call on 01242 335365 and quote reference number 63045 to the advisor, or you can pay via PayPal as below. Alternatively if the payment is over £500.00: We do accept payment via PayPal. All that we ask is that you send payment as a gift to partscheltenham@cotswoldgroup.com, along with your name, delivery address, contact telephone number and reference number 63045. Or payment via BACS to sort code 20-07-71 and Account Number 40292230. Please also add your customer reference number in the notes section and then call or email us with your name, delivery address and contact details. Best Wishes
  27. Ok winters coming! Now I have stopped the water leak- is it worth getting a set of winter tyres for the coming months?? i have seen some good deals on s/h Oem winter tyres/ wheels on eBay. As it's going to my first winter with a rear wheel drive car I was wondering if it is worth it? I've never used them on a front wheel drive but a couple of friends have recommended them for rear drivers. Also I presume 17 inch wheels will fit on my 520d msport? The air deflectors look like they will be pretty tight.
  1. Load more activity
    • There is a school of thought that if you are to run one set of tyres only in the UK that you run winters all year round as the difference in performance is less marked that using summers through the cold months.    Personally now I would go for Michellin Cross Climate tyres and not have the hassle of storing and changing wheels over twice a year
    • Hi folks    OK just carried out an intermediate oil/filter change. Had a bit of a a fail when pouring the new oil in though. Couldn't find my funnel and I ended up spilling some oil on the top of the cylinder head where the injectors are.    Cleaned it up as best I could but just wanted to double check that'll not do any harm will it? I would have thought the injectors would be fully sealed to the outside world?   Sorry for the basic question! I just worry about these things. I always do something wrong even doing the simplest tasks! 
    • Pair of 245 45 18 Continental ContiSportContact3 SSR 96Y runflats.   5.5 and 6mm tread on either tyre, even wear. In very good conditions, removed from my f10 last year.   £80 collected (Chester), £100 posted.   thanks,Dave
    • The only issue is the majority not on winters, I came to this conclusion after forking out 800£ yes I have grip and they are better in the winter months like they do by law in certain parts of Europe, but the big but is I wouldn’t take my car out in the snow to get hit by the majority without winters so that’s my take on it now and won’t bother again.     Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Perfect thanks, payment made via Paypal Gift.