All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Stretch's 530d/S62 Sport Touring. Updated 17/01/18

So today was a big day for the conversion as the touring made its way to the unit. Moved the m5 shell towards back of unit and positioned the touring so it can be worked on. Need to clear some space tomorrow and Mrs garage will be having a few parts lol. We got a bit carried away as we were just gonna get it in the air and take a few bits off. Next thing we knew it was nearly midnight and the engine and gearbox are out lol
  3. Japanese Import E39s

All in favour of Jap imports if you know what your doing. Bought my 2001 E39 530i in 2006 direct from Jap auction with 26,000km on the clock. Landed cost in New Zealand was way less than I would have had to pay a dealer for lower spec equivalent. Still got it in 2018 and its still a joy to drive. Jap imports are high spec, 12 speakers and 10 airbags and all leather inside. Mileage now up to 77Km but plant your foot and it feels great. Only regret is that I've still got a brand new 17 year old wheel and tyre in the boot that's never been on the road
  4. Yesterday
  5. Intravee & Low OBC

Hi all, I'm back on here after 5 years since selling my previous 540i Sport and now have a 525i Sport. Unfortunately the new car doesn't have NAV and has the Low OBC - is the Intravee likely to be of any use to me? I remember the indicator flash, coming home lights, etc functions but I'm unsure how you would set this up without a screen. Just wondering if its worth me looking for an Intravee to buy and also if anyone knows how difficult the High OBC upgrade is (as I believe the retrofit loom is no longer available). Thanks
  6. E34 B10 Project

yes both won't be finding new homes at those prices
  7. Kumho Ecsta PS91 tyres

Ordered two for the rears for when wheel wizards freshen up the spiders for summer time. They are getting great reviews from alot of the M guys in the states nearly half the price of Pilot Sport4s which didn't last all that long on mine great tyre though overkill for Doris the soot chucker. https://www.tyres-guru.co.uk/product/R-315892?&ID=psm_rdg_uk_tyrereviews&Country=GUK
  8. What did you do to your E60/61 today?

If yours trys to regen frequently then it's a sign the glow plug relay is on the way out.
  9. Corrosion area's E60

Boot lid especially under the registration link light bulb area, check behind the reg plate to, also the sills they are pretty solid as far as rust goes most have never been painted properly after a bump hence the rust
  10. Another headlight question....

Are those lights not prefacelift? (pre 2000)
  11. Aircon in winter

Yes, you definitely can. Whenever I use my climate control, I leave the A/C on. Works well in the winter for demisting windows, and in the summer for cooling. I just leave it on 22C and press the auto button. The system will automatically and continuously adjust the fan speed and which vents to open/closed. Also, it won't blow full speed when you started a cold engine. As the engine warms up, the fan speed will adjust accordingly.
  12. Aircon in winter

Oh dear.... i don't know what's worse!
  13. Appropriate courtesy car!

Those latest Mini's are half fugly Mark. I can an oil and filter change done for £145 at BMW - does it cost that much more for a 6 cylinder car. I wouldn't have them do anything else and saved about £70 doing the microfilters myself!
  14. Aircon in winter

Ha you've hit the nail on the head there...unfortunately i fall into the woman category about whacking the heating on full blast then having to turn it right down when im cooking. New to all this climate control wizardry...coming from an 18 year old pug 306 with no air con.
  15. Appropriate courtesy car!

There's a 3rd way, buy one and just keep enough oil and water in it to keep it from blowing up whilst driving it like your trying to blow it up
  16. Gearbox fault?

That’s a lot like mine,also at 70mph as an example if I gently accelerate I can see and here the revs raise the mpg gauge drop but doesn’t move away as should,until it feels like it’s dropped a gear and away
  17. Aircon in winter

Yep! As if your calling for it it will bring the air con on however all it will do is dry the air as oppose to cool it! If it was 40c in your car and that was too hot for you then you could stick the A/c on to 32 and it would cool it down, but being "climate control" your ment to leave the A/C on and alter the setting best suited to you for that day and the car will sort it all out for you! Unlike when women get in a frozen car first thing and whack the heater to full and complain that the heaters not working then they turn it off when their to hot! And then complain the windows steam up, Idiots ive said it before, it actually cost more in fuel to run your car with the A/C off and the windows down than it does with the A/C on all the time! Now im not saying that you run around in the winter with your windows down but I shouldn't need to explain the comparison unless your one of them women I've described above? Dan.....
  18. Poss gearbox failure

The problem iv got is because of work I'm out at all kinds of shift patterns and only usually have 1.5 days off
  19. Poss gearbox failure

Thats a good price...have they done a good job??
  20. Appropriate courtesy car!

Thete are two ways to enjoy a BMW. 1. Buy a well kept car of a generation no later than the E32 / E34 / E36, the best you can get, and keep it nice, and stash some NLA parts when they come up. Fix it anywhere. 2. Buy / lease a brand new car with a three year service plan. When the warranty expires, get another one.
  21. Aircon in winter

So i can have ac running and the temp at 32??? Or am i being thick as mince ha.
  22. Aircon in winter

Wouldn't fancy your mpg in the 530 with ac on all the time. My 525d is low/sub 30 at present...would have thought it would be better.
  23. Aircon in winter

Mine does on our E91 so I'd of thought it would in a older car? TBF like what our sniffling moaning arse, coughing like a big girls blouse friend (dan) has said it's best to leave on all year round
  24. Remote Services

if you forget where you parked your car 2 weeks ago in Heathrow term 4 long term parking it might be useful in locating it But google seems to do the same thing.......
  25. Another headlight question....

I'm just happy to knock mine off and the back on again
  26. Aircon in winter

Mines on all the time; keeps the system running better and also great for demisting the car
  27. Aircon in winter

Actually my bad...just thought. I actually meant the max button doesn't light up not the ac button. Will try the actual ac button tomorrow morning. I always just go fo the max button because it turns the car into an instant fridge in the summer ha. Would the max button not function if its too cold outside. Thanks
  1. Load more activity
    • So today was a big day for the conversion as the touring made its way to the unit. Moved the m5 shell towards back of unit and positioned the touring so it can be worked on. Need to clear some space tomorrow and Mrs garage will be having a few parts lol. We got a bit carried away as we were just gonna get it in the air and take a few bits off. Next thing we knew it was nearly midnight and the engine and gearbox are out lol   
    • All in favour of Jap imports if you know what your doing. Bought my 2001 E39 530i in 2006 direct from Jap auction with 26,000km on the clock. Landed cost in New Zealand was way less than I would have had to pay a dealer for lower spec equivalent. Still got it in 2018 and its still a joy to drive. Jap imports are high spec, 12 speakers and 10 airbags and all leather inside. Mileage now up to 77Km but plant your foot and it feels great. Only regret is that I've still got a brand new 17 year old wheel and tyre in the boot that's never been on the road 
    • Hi all,   I'm back on here after 5 years since selling my previous 540i Sport and now have a 525i Sport. Unfortunately the new car doesn't have NAV and has the Low OBC - is the Intravee likely to be of any use to me? I remember the indicator flash, coming home lights, etc functions but I'm unsure how you would set this up without a screen.   Just wondering if its worth me looking for an Intravee to buy and also if anyone knows how difficult the High OBC upgrade is (as I believe the retrofit loom is no longer available).   Thanks
    • yes  both won't be finding new homes at those prices
    • Ordered two for the rears for when wheel wizards freshen up the spiders for summer time.    They are getting great reviews from alot of the M guys in the states nearly half the price of Pilot Sport4s which didn't last all that long on mine great tyre though overkill for Doris the soot chucker.    https://www.tyres-guru.co.uk/product/R-315892?&ID=psm_rdg_uk_tyrereviews&Country=GUK