All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. What are you currently drinking...?

Yorkshire tea.
  3. 2000 BMW 540 touring auto 106k feeler

Seems a great car. £9k is a fairly punchy aspiration though and is verging on 'collector's car' price bracket. Most people looking to collect something like this might want the car to be totally original and it's been fairly heavily modified in one way or another, fitted with some non-standard, non-BMW parts. + a mixed with a few Alpina flavours. I really like what you've done with it but potential collectors might be a little shy of something that's not 'bone-stock', to coin a phrase from the other side of the Atlantic. £9k is definitely mid E39 M5 territory. (That £24k price for the '04 can only be Hexagon. Am I right?) Good luck with the sale though. Like selling a house, you only need just one buyer!
  4. Tyres, What are people's choice

Thanks for the reply, it's got conti's on at the moment which aren't bad tbh. If I was going to veer off from Michelins I'd change all four to the same brand
  5. I'd love a heated steering wheel!!! Can they be retrofit easily?
  6. Yesterday
  7. Dakar Yellow RHD E39 M5 - For Sale on Ebay

Never seen a yellow E39 M5 before. I should not like it but I do !
  8. Intraveee to KCA lead faulty ?

Have you still got your M5 btw ? EDIT - read your sig lol
  9. Intraveee to KCA lead faulty ?

Hi Richard I am unable to locate another iPod so can I send you my set up for you to check ? I think there is an update available for mine anyway ? I am of course happy to pay you plus i will cover return postage. Please pm your details mate.
  10. Tyres, What are people's choice

Probably worth sticking with Michelins on the rear axle if you already have Pilot Sport 4s on the front. I went from Michelin Pilot Sports to Vredestein Vortis on the front and Bridgestone RE050A (non run flat) on the rear. I already had a pair of rear newish Bridgestones that came off a spare pair of rims I sent for a refurb so put the tyres onto the car just before my 4200 mile trip to the north of Norway last month. Not really keen on mixing brands but the Bridgestones will be effectively worn out in 10k miles and will then put Vortis on the rear to match the front. How were the Vortis? Was really impressed in the breadth of their ability but not convinced they're any better/worse than the Michelin Pilot Sports they replaced. BTW. These particular Bridgestones, for some reason, are not a popular forum choice for performance cars. They're original fitment spec on some Astons and I've heard of some Ferrari owners using them without complaint. I found them great. Tyres are a very personal choice.
  11. turbo failure

can engine run without turbo? my turbo is not responding well i floor it pedal to the metal and not much is happening, seems like engine is working on its own... slowly accelerating .... and then later at decent speeds eg 90kmh turbo kicks in and starts pulling like a train
  12. What are you currently drinking...?

Kenco Millicano.
  13. Small accident at the NEC last week......

Yes, really, that's horrible, same old Beetle shape. That's why the 944 is nice looking, because it isn't that 911 Beetle shape.
  14. Radio reception issue

I have the same problem. Interferance from somewhere.
  15. Bonnet catch

Holy crap.....what a ton of misinformation. Lift the bonnet. Hanging down are 2 hooks. Unscrew the plastic holding bracket, turn the metal U shaped hook one way or the other, a bit of trial and error, resecure the plastic holding bracket and try to close the bonnet correctly. NOTHING to do with the latches. The U shaped hook can be screwed lower or higher. I was convinced that my bonnet vibrated at speed until a spent a few mins with the hooks. Yes you have to press firmer to get the bonnet to catch BUT its as firm as a rock now.
  16. 530D inlet manifold Split ??

Okay common fault then , that's good to know. In that case i just need a replacement.
  17. Saw that car on there stand, looked superb, that white 911 turbo on the left looked nice too (if you like Porsches) Gmund are only a few miles away from me (the same small industrial estate where the SwisVax people are in Lingerfield).
  18. Hey - Ive got a classic!

I’ve got a my daily 530i sport, 525i sport (wife’s) and also a 540i/6 touring I’m guessing the 540i in a few years will be worth some decent money as there rarer than m5s!
  19. Engine bay strut.

Have a look, and tap it and compare to the rest of the wing
  20. MAF adaptations

Well some more progress, I determined my map sensor was fubar, was reading 4 psi when key off. So changed it. Car transformed. Still can't find or do adaptations, but it's literally turned the car in to a rocket. Also had someone come look at maps, seems like it's got a shonky remap so have had that replaced with something more refined, it's still k'in fast but also had egr delete and it's smoother than old map.
  21. Double Matress (4' 6")

Brand new in June this year, it was bought for my mum who slept on it for just three or four nights before being admitted to hospital. She's not returned since and will be going into a nursing home this week. So, as Power of Attorney for her financial affairs, I'm regrettably preparing to sell her home next year. If needed, the divan base (which isn't new) with four drawers can be included for no extra cost. £100 Collection from RH6 postcode - Horley, Surrey.
  22. Sudden MPG drop.

BMW for the main, not sure about the egr unit.
  23. 530D inlet manifold Split ??

Not the first time this happens.
  24. The traction control makes a lot of use of the rear pads, IMHO there is almost a noticeable difference in mpg and response on uneven roads if you turn off traction control due to the reduction in over-computed "intervention!"
  25. Heated steering wheels, honestly, no one here just use some decent leather mits when it gets cold!?
  26. What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

Lol been there done that, but with this being a nanny state F10, you can't spin the rears as you can't shift out of park unless engine is running or you lift both rears and spin thru the diff with handbrake off. I just used the bear hug technique for removing the one rear wheel that was slightly stubborn. But because I cleaned the hub and greased it, it really was no bother.
  1. Load more activity
    • I'd love a heated steering wheel!!! Can they be retrofit easily?
    • Never seen a yellow E39 M5 before. I should not like it but I do !
    • Have you still got your M5 btw ?   EDIT - read your sig lol
    • Hi Richard I am unable to locate another iPod so can I send you my set up for you to check ? I think there is an update available for mine anyway ? I am of course happy to pay you plus i will cover return postage. Please pm your details mate.
    • Probably worth sticking with Michelins on the rear axle if you already have Pilot Sport 4s on the front.   I went from Michelin Pilot Sports to Vredestein Vortis on the front and Bridgestone RE050A (non run flat) on the rear. I already had a pair of rear newish Bridgestones that came off a spare pair of rims I sent for a refurb so put the tyres onto the car just before my 4200 mile trip to the north of Norway last month.  Not really keen on mixing brands but the Bridgestones will be effectively worn out in 10k miles and will then put Vortis on the rear to match the front.   How were the Vortis? Was really impressed in the breadth of their ability but not convinced they're any better/worse than the Michelin Pilot Sports they replaced.   BTW. These particular Bridgestones, for some reason, are not a popular forum choice for performance cars. They're original fitment spec on some Astons and I've heard of some Ferrari owners using them without complaint. I found them great.   Tyres are a very personal choice.