All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. And the end of mine. Thank You!
  3. Lol, it's all good banter on here which cheers me up at the end of the day.....
  4. Haha no worries, I'm certainly no expert thats for sure! Those wilwoods look quite nice. When the time comes to sort out the brakes I'll have to blow the dust off some of my textbooks and start doing some sizing calculations haha Interesting to know about the E38 MC, and thats a good point, keeping the brake size within the 17" wheels will probably be the biggest headache with any Big Brake Kit Done a bit more work on the car, made a decent start on stripping down my spare rear subframe So I can start building up a shopping list of all the stuff I'm going to need! Getting the bushes out seems like its going to be fun... as well as getting new ones in..
  5. Wanted - x4 19" 8.5j square set of Style 128s
  6. I followed the procedure of setting up the throttle, deleted errors and problem with RPMs. Also all the problems with DSC etc disappeared immediately after this procedure. Guys from bimmerprofs helped me a lot, they answered my questions immediately. Additionally this behavior is explained as a process after installation of new NOX sensor on their FAQ section. Thanks a lot to leew88 - now I have back my car It is learning (adapting) now and next ride I will check the engine modes switching. Btw. desulphation will be possible after 3000-5000 km, they say. The car thinks it is replaced now, so it is impossible to enter the desulphation procedure now.
  7. Got one here
  8. Yeah, they're 5k I think whereas their OEM ones are 4300k @Loadmaster They're whiter, but not blue/purple white like DRL's or Merc headlights etc... Great light spread and colour IMO. Great on the country roads tonight driving back from training and that good I hardly used main beam!
  9. The Snapon reader, while it is showing you faults, it isn't showing the mileage at which the fault happened. With ISTA and an ENET cable you'd be able to read the codes and see when they occurred on the same screen. I suggest you take a full printout of the errors and then clear all faults and start again to see which ones come up first. Leaf contamination is never a good thing with these cars (and others I'm sure) and now I am overly conscious of any leaves dropping on the car and remove them as best as I can before driving off. If the ECU did become water damaged there is a high possibility that simply drying it out won't resolve the issue as shorting may have happened and taken out components on the board. I assume you've taken a look at this thread: where due to leaf and water build up a relay had failed? These are very difficult things to diagnose but you are looking in the right areas. Also be cautious about driving the car in its current state as the fault could have a knock on impact elsewhere in the system. Where are you based, I have ISTA and the cable and would be happy to take a look - I'm near Bromley in Kent.
  10. I do enjoy triggering you. I must say. Anyway - semper fi. The Union will be staying where it is, unless Kranky has her way!!
  11. The whole lot. Interesting. Well every single tool is there. Price? Well there is one on ebay for £45 with best offer, so how does £35 sound?
  12. Yes Sir you may. Friends and family payment to Chrisarfinance@Gmail.com siv oo play
  13. Ah when you say both you mean bumper and headrests?
  14. Hi Mark, if your car doesn't have SatNav it won't have the CIC headunit it will just have the basic radio. If you are considering spending the higher amount and getting a retrofitted headunit - as @sams255 said - you must go for NBT as it has the combox functionality built in rather than a separate module in the boot. The antennae you speak of are all contained in the shark fin on the roof of the car.
  15. Best way to darken the lights without buying new ones??
  16. Still got the E39 540 Touring guys. It hasn't gone anywhere yet! First mod I fancy - 19" 8.5j square set of Style 128 alloys
  17. Sounds to me like an electrical fault. I wish I could help you above that. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  18. Propshaft donut
  19. Today
  20. Deposit paid, collect 30th September. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. Andy, make sure they do the bridge seals, these are a known weak point (one of many) in that transmission and can get overlooked. But it means taking the mechatronic unit out to do them. Bridge seal is part #2 http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=NB32-EUR---E60-BMW-545i&diagId=24_1027 I can't help but wonder if I had them done on mine, I would still be driving my E60. I had Eclutch failure on the M74 at 60mph! The sleeve I mentioned earlier is part #1 in the link.
  22. Dan, do the Osrams look a bit whiter than the standard 'off yellow', but not too white to look DRL ish and 'too modern' for the E39, if you know what I mean?
  23. @jc1 Where about in Scotland are you John? If I see a decent* BMW I'll flash my headlights. *any tidy E39, petrol E60, petrol F10**, petrol G30*** ** seen one. *** not seen any.
  24. Ok based on the above can anyone recommend someone who can do the above in Swansea? Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  25. Make sure you regularly change the oil and filters (yearly or every 10k) and you should be fine. The timing chain issue on a 6 pot diesel is no more likely to happen on this engine than any other petrol or diesel 6 pot BMW engine. Yes it can fail but numbers are low, unlike the dreadful N47 engined models.
  26. Thanks guys. Can water get into the ECU case? I thought it was completely sealed I took the lid off and the top was dry but I didn't check the bottom by removing the ECU. I will completely remove the ECU tomorrow and check. I will also check for blockages, I have two huge trees right over my car and I always have leaves all over the car and the sticky SAP stuff. It's a nightmare. I am presuming if it is water damage, the drying out process should restore a proper circuit. Thanks again Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  27. I think the oil's good. Sorry, I'm not that mechanically minded but there was an air leak from the rocket cover gaskets so the rocker covers and gaskets were both replaced. It didn't fix the problem. If it's the valvetronics, it sounds like a big job?
  1. Load more activity
    • And the end of mine. Thank You!
    • Lol, it's all good banter on here which cheers me up at the end of the day.....
    • Haha no worries, I'm certainly no expert thats for sure! Those wilwoods look quite nice. When the time comes to sort out the brakes I'll have to blow the dust off some of my textbooks and start doing some sizing calculations haha   Interesting to know about the E38 MC, and thats a good point, keeping the brake size within the 17" wheels will probably be the biggest headache with any Big Brake Kit     Done a bit more work on the car, made a decent start on stripping down my spare rear subframe     So I can start building up a shopping list of all the stuff I'm going to need! Getting the bushes out seems like its going to be fun... as well as getting new ones in..
    • Wanted - x4 19" 8.5j square set of Style 128s
    • I followed the procedure of setting up the throttle, deleted errors and problem with RPMs. Also all the problems with DSC etc disappeared immediately after this procedure. Guys from bimmerprofs helped me a lot, they answered my questions immediately.  Additionally this behavior is explained as a process after installation of new NOX sensor on their FAQ section.   Thanks a lot to leew88 - now I have back my car  It is learning (adapting) now and next ride I will check the engine modes switching.   Btw. desulphation will be possible after 3000-5000 km, they say. The car thinks it is replaced now, so it is impossible to enter the desulphation procedure now.