All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

  1. Past hour
  2. is this the sort of thing your referring to?
  3. Yesterday
  4. Such cynicism! Nitrogen in tyres is certainly worth the small additional sum to prevent loss of pressure, and you get the green valve caps. I don't like to be too showy so I deleted the green caps and had black ones fitted. Instead I was content to experiencea subtle sense of superiority ....or at least I was until I found I had to top my tyres up! Then, I realised nitrogen forms 78% of the air which I used to fill my tyres with, so I was paying for them just for adding the other 22% (+ an optional green valve cap)...and those pesky larger molecules were still managing to find their way out somehow even though I'd been promised they would never see the light of day. I thought I had enough wool on my back to see through these scams, but I fell for it. I will let you know if my washer pump filter gets clogged up despite using BMW's secret formula screen wash...
  5. I only use BMW screenwash as I previously mentioned along with BMW air in the tyres as I've heard that helps the the RFT to float better over bumps and BMW fuel in the tank Oh and on a serious note, don't get me started on the Nitrogen filled road tyres nonsense!
  6. Finally tracked down an annoying intermittent squeak in the cabin. I assumed it was my seat but could never get it to squeak when parked up. Turns out it was the seat belt buckle! Little squirt of silicone spray in there and it's finally shut up. Now to sort out the rattling ignition barrel surround.
  7. Neat: -63 deg C 1:1: -23 deg C
  8. The c£25/30 cree ones on ebay are fine. Some folk say the more expensive ones around £60narenthe ones to go for (can't remember their name, but I'm sure someone will come along and rectify that soon enough)! **edit: http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/mtec-ver-3-6w-cree-led-angel-eye-marker-bulbs-bmw-1-5-6-7-series/
  9. Hmm, just had a quick trawl and there are plenty that look like the ones I bought, but it was months back and I don't recall who I bought them from. Spent about £25 I think... Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
  10. Probably an old fault if everything is working ok. How many keys do you have?
  11. After all the work, I have taken t to a few shows but my unit will only hold three cars and I have four, so it's last in first out so this one will soon be hitting the classifieds
  12. Yes I think set crossover of rears same as fronts Tip of the day when doing Subs - slide seat back first and undo front bolts, then slide it forward and undo rear, then tip back. Seat goes up much higher like that. I did it the wrong way round first time and tipped the seat back when it was slid back, which is why I had such a struggle with the woofer covers. When I redid them to join the 4 wires it was a revelation... would have saved a lot of blood, sweat and tears if I'd done it that way first time and probably would not have broken the screw... I found some DSP settings files here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=929033 - its for the 120.4 but may work on the D2 - gonna try them out on presets 2-4.
  13. Update : 27/6/2017 Just the standard pre-Santa pod oil change... Dirty Oil Comments Welcome
  14. Didn't realise that was available, got a good original harness off a breaker so only need to do one set of connections [emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Excellent, and seems uncomfortably close to reality! Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
  16. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162403732885 Bit like this one - bought for a lot less from a German ebayer. Sold it on here as I never needed it Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. I went with 265 35 18s on the rear as I'm running a 9j if I had 9.5 I'd have gone with the m5 spec 275 I'm also running fairly crap tyres due to limited funds and not driving the car hard very often at all! But it's still has a very positive feel compared to the 235s in my opinion, I found it helped with understeer having the wider fronts made it feel a little better balanced Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. I agree it is mad, but I saw it on the internet so it must be true! As it is hard to get to it, I only use BMW stuff to avoid arguments.
  19. Too far mash but we'd appreciate a general overview
  20. Yo Geoff l. M3 flywheel will not work as it uses same gearbox and bellhousing as 328. Ring gear is much smaller. I thinks I will have to go down m62 dmf route Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
  21. Cheers teddy ! But I'm sure you can appreciate ! I've wanted one of these delights for a very long time and the "niggly" issues may as well be timing chain swirls etc but like I said still need some help
  22. Thanks for the comment. It is a lovely car but it needs to go as I've already bought a replacement.
  23. Could be worse!! Could be timing chain, gearbox, turbo, dpf, swirl flaps, manifold, Idrive etc etc........
  24. That's a lovely looking motor and hell of a lot for your asking price. Worth that every day IMO. The bodywork can soon be sorted
  25. Guys and girls, Need some help as I'm at the point where it's now getting to the point I'm falling out of love with my 5 series 520d m sport a car I've always wanted but starting to regret..... please help any and all advise will be so so appreciated ...... about 3 weeks ago my left dipped beam bulb blew, replaced that and a week later the right dipped beam blew, now tonight in 1 go I've lost the right dipped beam again and also my left angel eye ! Is this a common fault or could it just be a case of expired bulbs and an iffy one in the replaced one ? Ive checked the fuses they are all ok, until I can afford upgrading the light system to creed xenons I need these to last a little longer than a bulb a week !!! Thanks all jonathan
  26. Thanks lads! to say I got a few looks is a bit of a understatement! some bus driver coming in the opposite direction almost crashed he was staring so much
  27. Yes, I'm not as far into the install as you yet though, I've almost done the rear doors, I've got all the wires in but am yet to change the front door speakers and the subs. Mine is a 6 channel amp as I have also changed the rear door speakers, so presumably my rears would be set the same as the fronts?
  1. Load more activity
  • Posts

    • is this the sort of thing your referring to?   
    • Such cynicism! Nitrogen in tyres is certainly worth the small additional sum to prevent loss of pressure, and you get the green valve caps. I don't like to be too showy so I deleted the green caps and had black ones fitted. Instead I was content to experiencea subtle sense of superiority ....or at least I was until I found I had to top my tyres up!   Then, I realised nitrogen forms 78% of the air which I used to fill my tyres with, so I was paying for them just for adding the other 22% (+ an optional green valve cap)...and those pesky larger molecules were still managing to find their way out somehow even though I'd been promised they would never see the light of day.   I thought I had enough wool on my back to see through these scams, but I fell for it.   I will let you know if my washer pump filter gets clogged up despite using BMW's secret formula screen wash...
    •   I only use BMW screenwash as I previously mentioned along with BMW air in the tyres as I've heard that helps the the RFT to float better over bumps and BMW fuel in the tank    Oh and on a serious note, don't get me started on the Nitrogen filled road tyres nonsense!
    • Finally tracked down an annoying intermittent squeak in the cabin. I assumed it was my seat but could never get it to squeak when parked up.  Turns out it was the seat belt buckle!  Little squirt of silicone spray in there and it's finally shut up. Now to sort out the rattling ignition barrel surround.
    •   Neat: -63 deg C 1:1: -23 deg C